My Palm Springs and Jackson addons are a bit messy

Daynas

Hi all,

I think I may be missing something when I purchased all the orbx add-ons during the holiday. I bought Global, Vector, Palm Springs and Jackson (as well as Lake Tahoe and Monterey). For years I have only stuck with the Orbx regions so this is the first time outside of those regions. I have flown around Southern California and now when I arrive at an airport (Needles) the airport is in a hole in the desert as with Palm Springs airport. I have read that has something to do with a "Mesh" I need to get.

I just flew from Cairns to Jackson and the Jackson airport area is a mess with buildings in midair and the airport surrounded by just white.

Does anyone have any ideas? I want to be able to use the Global/Vector add-ons but it seems I must be missing a critical piece of the puzzle...

BTW, I see that I need to include my order number. Its: FSS0342031

Hello,

In regards to Jacksons (AYPY) have you installed the freeware PNG Holgermesh? apart from that all you would need is FTXglobal/Vector to fully complete the PNG experience, but perhaps you can post an image of the issue? http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Also make sure you run the latest Orbxlibs after installing AYPY.. then open FTXcentral, select [Global], press 'Apply' then close

Thanks all. I did install the latest libraries but I installed the Vector update (1.20) after the libraries. I might need to reinstall the libraries. I did install the Holgermesh as well. 

When I look at the screenshots of the Palm Springs add-on on the Orbx website the photo real scenery look nothing like what I have installed so I must have done something wrong... thanks all.

Just out of interest, are you flying with FTX Central set to North America, or Global?

I ask because while Palm Springs is indeed within the continent of North America, it is not within any of the FTX Full Regions. Setting FTX Central to North America is strictly only for the North American full region packs. Flying anywhere outside of those full regions will require FTX Central to be set to Global.

If you plan on flying into, or out of a full region ("crossing the border" between full region and surrounding Global area, in either direction), set FTX Central to Global and check the "Hybrid Mode" to on. If you plan on staying outide full regions, set it to Global with hybrid mode off, and if you're never leaving a full region, use the appropriate geographic area in FTX Central.

Case closed! I made a couple of mistakes. I installed the vector 1.20 patch after installing the latest libraries. I also didnt run the Airport Elevation correction configuration tool for Vector after installing the airports. All perfect now. Palm Springs looks great. I have been there many many times and Orbx has really done a good job at re-creating the look and feel of that area.

I do set FTX Central to Global (without the Hybrid box set) when flying around these two new airports (Palm Springs & Jacksons).

Thanks all.

Archived