FTX Lights v2 tweaker doesn't seem to be working

autogyro

Hi all,

Been trying to sort out a re-install of my P3D and ORBX products, however it seems my light settings using FTX Lights v2 tweaker (from the FTX Central (P3Dv2) program) doesn't seem to be doing anything in P3D.

Here's what I get:

ZYn8FVE.jpg

I'd prefer some smaller lights at low level as well as altitude - I've currently got my settings showing as set to the Poole lights at size 9, and I've tried others and it seems to make no appreciable difference - the large halo style remains the same as that above. It's not too bad at altitude, however I'd still prefer smaller star lights.

I've got FTX Global 1.3, Vector 1.2 and OpenLC 1.1 in operation. This is at Buochs (LSZC) airport.

Hi Autogyro,

I use the same setting as you ( Poole 9)  in FSX.  I like the smaller star shape not being overwhelmed by the central glow. Can you tell me if you clicked the (Set Size) button, to apply your 3D lights selections.  

A1DtM.jpg

Your other question regarding floating taxiway lights, most default airports will on occasion have slightly floating lights as they are often not attached to a physical model or light fixture. When a developer creates a payware airport they will generally model these lights to a physical model or inset them into the taxiway or runway surface.

Hi Autogyro,

I haven't given up yet, the other thing to consider is a folder permissions issue preventing the tweaker from applying your setting. If you go to your Main ( P3D folder ) then right click mouse > select properties > in General Tab > uncheck  Read Only Attribute box > then click Apply button > place a bullet in "Apply changes to this folder, Subfolders & files" > click the OK button >a  progress dialog will open -  let the routine run it may take a little while > when it has finished it will return to the properties dialog > click OK to close > then retry FTXCentral and the 3D Lights Tweaker.

Thanks, tried that, now getting FTX Lights crashing, it did first couple of times I tried to run it when I first installed Global, then the program worked without crashing, now back to crashing (whether it crashes or not, the various 3D lights still never did install)

Event Viewer fault log shows:

Faulting application name: FTXLights.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x47c5f65e

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17278, time stamp: 0x53eebf2e

Exception code: 0xe0434f4d

Fault offset: 0x000000000000606c

Faulting process ID: 0x1e8c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d026659c2c3064

Faulting application path: E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\Scripts\FTXLights.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report ID: dbdb5a67-9258-11e4-be87-d05099261977

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Something seems to be going wrong here, although P3D does seem to be reloading its scenery library every time I try running the FTX Lights tweaker.

I have been doing a little further research on the new issue, came up with 3 other posts regarding the issue, one of the posts suggests the same things I have already mentioned, and the other suggests checking in your \ORBX\Scripts folder for the presence of (FTXConfiguratorSettings.xml) if it exists which it should, it may have corrupted data causing the KERNELBASE.dll  crash. Reinstalling the Orbx Libraries should set this right AFAIK

I also note your Global lights are being obscured/masked by what looks to be low level mist or fog in your 2nd screenshot. Perhaps this is a P3Dv2 setting that needs adjusting ie; (Volumetric fog).

Here are the 3 topics I found :

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/88330-ftx-lights-tweaker-v2-crash/?hl=ftxlights.exe

Note Holgers Post#3 in this one directs you to Ed Correa's post in the next link

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56750-ftx-lights-tweaker-keeps-crashing/?hl=ftxlights.exe

and Ed Corriea's post #2 in this one

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/50902-ftx-central-crash-with-new-libraries-installed/?hl=%2Bftx+%2Bcentral+%2Bcrash+%2Bwith+%2Bnew+%2Blibraries+%2Binstalled

Also as Wolter suggests above:

It might be worth reinstalling the OrbxLibraries currently  V141228 for P3Dv2x here:https://www.fullterrain.com/support  make sure to unzip then right click the .exe and select (Run as Administrator)

You're using the wrong (old) lights tweaker which affects the older style lighting only.

There is a new app designed for the new autogen style 3D lights which is what you need to use to change sizes and colours etc. I'm not at my PC so I can't tell you where the app is located, perhaps a team member can assist here?

Thanks for the help Jeff, Wolter, John and Ben!

I did try the suggestions regarding the XML file but hat didn't fix it - Ben's link and John's suggestion did however, and using the other lights configurator, seems to have fixed the light sizes. Thanks all!

Well I couldn't be happier, glad its all sorted, I also must thank Wolter John and Ben. It is true however as the team heads toward full integration of Global lights (Autogen orbs without poles)  the FTX 3D lights will become obsolete, not unlike the (Old FTX Day/Night switcher) street lights attached to light posts. Airport lights will no-doubt all become FPS friendly Global lights controlled by (FTXGlobal lights configurator) as quite a few AP's have been updated already. Not quite sure how this affects Neils many enhanced default AP's with light posts but I'm sure the team will look at those lights over time. Taxiway and runway lights will most likely stay as set by the sim or Airport developer. I hope what I have written is 100% but stand corrected if I am off track.

Archived