Does Orbxlibs 141228 Fix ObjectFlow Issues With FSX SE?

Cabby

i just wiped my whole pc and laptop to install the steam version of fsx for testing, so i will be watching like a hawk for a native way to install my orbx products without error.has anyone installed the orbx global series and mesh without issue in the steam version other than the dll problem?everything is clean and fresh

My FSX SE install includes:

Steve's DX10 Fixer

FTX Global

FTX Vector

Pilot's FTX Global Mesh

REX4 TD

MyTraffic 2013

3 Carenado Aircraft - Piper Arrow, Mooney, and Waco

A2A Accu Feel

A2A Shockwave Lights

Config tweaks include Affinity Mask @ 84(Quad Core i7)Fiber_Frame_Fraction at.01, and Disable Preload=1. NV Inspector @ Half Refresh and in-game set @ 31 FPS with 16 Aniso and 8CSAA + 4 SGSS.

Everything works, looks good, and is smooth and stable. Aircraft lights(landing, nav)work on AI and user aircraft as do runway lights, etc. I do not see any tire smoke or contrails however. I am waiting on updated Libraries from Orbx for their Regions and Airports before attempting to install any of them. Same goes for the more complex add-ons like PMDG, etc. as they have reported issues with FSX SE. At this time FSX add-ons not specifically declared compatible with FSX SE by the developers are installed at your own risk.

C.

cabby as i posted above you, did you just install ftx global and skip the dll during setup? i am wanting to install ftx global, vector, and fs 2010 global mesh along with open lc, i am gonna be patient on asn and other addons, but i really appreciate my orbx products,i am shocked by performance i am getting so far with a payware aircraft and the scenery fixer i am getting 50-60 fps and i know orbx doesn't impact my frames that much in the boxed version.

The reality is that the steam version isn't much different than the old version except they managed to break some stuff in their "improvement".  Obviously JV and team will want to take advantage of the release and there will be a few fixes required, but that's it and I wouldn't hold my breath for anything more.  For moving forward P3Dv2.4 is the best there is right now.

Henry

cabby as i posted above you, did you just install ftx global and skip the dll during setup? i am wanting to install ftx global, vector, and fs 2010 global mesh along with open lc, i am gonna be patient on asn and other addons, but i really appreciate my orbx products,i am shocked by performance i am getting so far with a payware aircraft and the scenery fixer i am getting 50-60 fps and i know orbx doesn't impact my frames that much in the boxed version.

Hi Brett, Objectflow does nothing in Global/Vector/Openlc, it is intended more for the custom airports, so yeah just skip it for now

thank you Tim i was just looking for a clear answer and you gave it too me,so i assume i will be ok updating the orbx libraries as well,i own orbx airports but i can live without them for a bit, but global and vector is a must for me, thanks again

hey Tim i installed the 3 simconnects and fsuipc version for fsx steam and had no error come up when installing global,i have yet to update the libraries yet, just letting you know like someone else did from another thread.if you install ftx global and dont install the orbx libraries it works fine, it's when you install the libraries is when i had the issue and i just ignored the object flow as you suggested.

Hi Brett, Objectflow does nothing in Global/Vector/Openlc, it is intended more for the custom airports, so yeah just skip it for now

Tim just to confirm after installing the 3 sim connects and fsuipc i ran the objectflow.dll and fsx-se works flawless so far,i am backing up as i go along and installing orbx products i own to see what works and what might not work.

"Tim just to confirm after installing the 3 sim connects and fsuipc i ran the objectflow.dll and fsx-se works flawless so far,i am backing up as i go along and installing orbx products i own to see what works and what might not work."

It's when you install FTX Lake Tahoe, Jackson's, and other Orbx Airports that you see the problems. 

C.

Archived