FTX: EU Norway - ENSH Flying houses

Dieter

Hi guys,

floating autogen houses are always a (temporary) FSX/P3D bug. In fact, developers cannot specify the altitude of autogen buildings or trees, only their relative location on the landclass texture tile. Thus, it's up to the FSX/P3D display engine to properly plant them on the ground and, unfortunately, it sometimes fails, especially in hilly terrain. In most cases that can be fixed by refreshing the scenery library during the flight. Either select World > Scenery Library and then simply click on "OK" or assign a key combination to the "Refresh scenery" event in the Options > Settings > Controls menu (Buttons/Keys tab); I use Ctrl-Shift-S but any unassigned combination will work.

Cheers, Holger

This happens to me each time I have slewed around at terrible speeds, and each time I have updated something in the Scenery Library. Next time I enter the sim, things are OK. At Kjevik ENCN, I had AG trees in a difficult, narrow slope between an old MIL taxiway and the river, going on/off on each simulator start. I finally gave them up, deleted them, and replaced them with Norway Spruce (not AG). OK they are green all of the year, no snow on them, and I blame that on strong winds during winter. :P Compromises...

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I have the same problem as Dieter, in FSX, also at Svolvaer (near ENSH). First time I ran into this with any FTX scenery. It was not caused by slewing at high speed nor a fast aircraft. I also tried Holger's tip for refreshing the scenery, also to no avail. Mesh is set to 5m.

Guess it is an FSX bug we have to live with. Just a pity, as I know that particular area well from flying there myself in a C172 in 2009...

Compliments to the ORBX team - you captured the overall "feeling" of Norway very well in my opinion!

Cheers

Jan

Archived