Airports Near Palm Springs Elevation Problem

FSX101

Sirs,

Just installed Global Base, Global Vector, and Palm Springs (in that order). 

Noticed several default airports (KTRM) about 25 miles SE of KPSP lower than surrounding scenery.

I have ran the installed programs to fix, but no joy. Same at KTNP 37 miles NE.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Curtis Jarrett

#FSS0338926:
Global BASE
Global VECTOR
KPSP Palm Springs International Airport

Kuf3l.jpg
eBZY1.jpg
mU1kJ.jpg

Hi Curtis,

When you say "I have run installed programs to fix"

Have you run the auto config. in your vector configuration tool and then select "Apply"

If not, give it a go and you should be all sorted.

Hope this helps

Yes sir, ran program and selected "apply"; no joy. Did some checking of other airports across the world, and no problem like this.

I did look up this airport on a chart and it is -114 msl; my altimeter was showing -100. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Thank you,

Curtis

#FSS0338926:

Global BASE

Global VECTOR

KPSP Palm Springs International Airport

xF5s4.jpg

Jarrad, these airports not coming up in either column, looks like only add-ons are listed. KTRM and KTNP are the default ones having problems with.

Thank you,

Curtis

#FSS0338926:

Global BASE

Global VECTOR

Palm Springs

Jarrad, they were giving me the problems before and after I installed KPSP. I will try as requested. I did know that before I installed KPSP that even the default KPSP was underground too. It is listed in the Vector AEC and at correct elevation.

Thanks,

Curtis

#FSS0338926:

Global BASE

Global VECTOR

Palm Springs

Hi Jarrad, disabled KPSP as requested and KTRM still the same. KPSP went underground as well. Actually AEC had KPSP disabled to begin with, but I enabled to see if any changes to KTRM.

Thanks,

Curtis

#FSS0338926:

Global BASE

Global VECTOR

Palm Springs

I'll follow this thread with interest. I'm having similar problems with L12 and KSBD along with a few others in that same general area. Enabled or disabled in AEC makes no difference.

FTX Mesh 2010. Vector and Global all up to date. Oh, I tried L12 in Pilot's elevation tool and it's not even recognised.

Ron, I just checked the two airports you mentioned and concur with your findings. Do you have the same issue with the two I mentioned above? It may be due to the fact of the FSX default airports are all flat as mentioned in the Vector V1.10 notes from Stefan Schaefer.

Thank you,

Curtis

#FSS0338926:

Global BASE

Global VECTOR

Palm Springs

• 1 month later...

Archived