NEW AoN photopack 1 and 2 + Autogen uploaded today.

Thanks, Jack.

Know that the photos are not yet tuned to the FTX seasons. That type of work will take months. I did this to make the two photopacks equal size and below 1GB each, and to have the autogen in a separate file, making it easy to update. There is also a file there listing date and time for the autogen for each airport. That way people can remove an airport, the photo and the AG easily.

I have some problems with AoN + FTX NOR. Some airports have elevation issues, in some others the default (FTX NOR) buildings bleeding through.

AoN is on the top in the scenery library - FTX NOR is below. Any suggestions, Andrew?

Also want do say thanks for your great work, I enjoy your sceneries now for over 2 years :)

Edit: Do we have to do the same like we had to do with the UK2000 + FTX UK? For example deactivating: ADE_FTX_NOR_ENAL.BGL, ADE_FTX_NOR_ENAL_CVX.bgl, FTX_NOR_ENAL_Objects.BGL and FTX_NOR_ENAL_objects_grass.bgl?

I have some problems with AoN + FTX NOR. Some airports have elevation issues, in some others the default (FTX NOR) buildings bleeding through.

AoN is on the top in the scenery library - FTX NOR is below. Any suggestions, Andrew?

Also want do say thanks for your great work, I enjoy your sceneries now for over 2 years :)

Edit: Do we have to do the same like we had to do with the UK2000 + FTX UK? For example deactivating: ADE_FTX_NOR_ENAL.BGL, ADE_FTX_NOR_ENAL_CVX.bgl, FTX_NOR_ENAL_Objects.BGL and FTX_NOR_ENAL_objects_grass.bgl?

Yes, even if AoN is on top you have to remove/disable all FTXN files with ICAO corresponding to AoN airports.

Nope olealm

Not with the new upload.  ::)

Yes, Jack.

Presuming you refer to the new AoN upload (in which Andrew has removed some airports), one still need to remove/disable FTX Norway files for the remaining AoN airports ;)

Guys, thx for the feedback.

It is also my experience I have to remove 1 to 5 FTX files per AoN airport. Having AoN on top does not solve anything, so I remove all FTX files containing the ICAO code from the FTX EU NOR_05 and _06 folders.

I have removed ENEV, ENTO and ENFG from AoN, as I was only bangig my head against the wall with those. I use the FTXN versions instead.

Downloaded first lot on recommendation found on this forum. What a mess! Airports buried, with lights hovering above.

I uninstalled the files, removed them from the library so all are gone but the trouble remains. I am going to reload the FTX Norway scenery and hope for the best.

Hard lessons learnt, again!

Kind regards,

Guess you have to take a peek at the readmes. There are 10 files adjusting airport heights. They should be put in \Scenery\World\Scenery. And you also have to remove the corresponding file from there, when removing an airport. This is more and more common for many airport sceneries these days.

The AoN 3.68 P3D_FTXN readmes also says both photopacks are mandatory together with AoN.

I have read the readmes and put all files as written in the readme  in all the folders.

So could someone please tell me,which files i have to remove/disable and where.

This airports looks so nice and i want to use them,but i have those elevation issues.

"There are 10 files adjusting airport heights. They should be put in \Scenery\World\Scenery"---i have done this.

Mike

Sorry,i have not described the issues correctly,there are no elevation issues but more holes and trenches in the airport areas.

Perhaps i need a better mesh for Norway?I have Pilot`s FS Global 2010 installed.

lol Andrew, WHO reads TFM, that's only for whimps, true man wack all sceneries in at once and start moaning when it doesn't work :P:D;)

or did I miss sumtin ::)

I don't think you have missed much, Wolter. I even took the install part out of the main readmes and marked them install NO and install EN, but I guess my head still will become flatter and flatter from headbanging :lol:

PS: Of course I also need to udate the readmes regarding FTX Norway, but I cannot build Rome in one day.

Big-Mike, you need to disable FS Global 2010 for Europe when flying in Norway. Use the mesh in FTX EU Norway. Seems to be a conflict between those two meshes most often along the west coast for some reason.

Thank you,i`ve tried this,but no difference.

Seems i have to delete these nice airports,too complicated for me.

Mike

Sorry,i have not described the issues correctly,there are no elevation issues but more holes and trenches in the airport areas.

Perhaps i need a better mesh for Norway?I have Pilot`s FS Global 2010 installed.

Big-mike,

You do not need an additional mesh for Norway. The mesh included in FTX Norway is the same quality (LOD) as the best Norwegian freeware/payware mesh available.

One need to check the list of AoN airports included in AoN FTX edition zip-file. You'll find the list in the 'AoN_v3.68 Readme.txt' file.

Presuming one's intent is to use all the airports in the FTXN edition of AoN (this list is mainly from the Norwegian Flightsim forum):

• Disable/remove all files in the 'ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX EU Nor05\Scenery' folder with filename containing the same ICAO as in the AoN list (you will find up to 5 FTX files for each airport).
  • Disable/remove the file called 'FTX_EU_NOR_engm_grasspoly' in the 'ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX EU Nor06' folder.
  • Disable/remove the following files from the AoN Scenery folder:

o  rafnes.bgl

o  slagen.bgl

o  tofte.bgl

o  entc_tunn.bgl

o  CVX_Bodo.bgl

o  CVX_Bergen.bgl

o  CVX_Agderclass.bgl

o  agdermodels.bgl.

• Disable/remove the following files from the 'P3D\Scenery\World\Scenery' folder:

o  ADE_FTX_NOR_ENVA_elevation_adjustment.bgl

o  ADE_FTX_NOR_ENBS_elevation_adjustment.bgl

o  ADE_FTX_NOR_ENBM_elevation_adjustment.bgl

Hope this helps.

Yes. AoN 3.68_P3D_FTXN has an included folder with FSX files. Hope you understand I will never have time to make a version for both, and that I do not support FSX anymore, but have still included the FSX files. With the recent version (uploaded two days ago), you also don't need to delete the AoN files Ole mentions. It's already done by me, in order to fit to FTXN.

Hope people also understand a little manual labour is needed, and I cannot make one, single 2GB or worse download. We have always done it this way here, as freeware airports have been no.1 to use, like Norway_Airports. Today I work with them occasionally, and you will find NA models, fully rebuilt for FSX/P3D by me, at several airports.

AoN 3.66 is my last "pure" FSX version. In newer versions, I take no more responsibility for bugs that may or may not occur in FSX, but know my "P3D" version has not many complaints, if at all.

PS: The main difference between 3.66 and 3.68 is adjustment to FTXN, and tons of new ground markings and a very much updated ENVA.

Ok, my bad, I forgot you've already removed the "non-icao" files :)

Ole.

Thank you as always, and also for hosting good files from many developers. Flightsimnorway.com is a great and tidy place, and well made. Today it is Norway's no.1 site regarding updated pictures and files.

Archived