FTX Norway - Oslo Airport problems

Dieter

Installed FTX Norway and I have some problems at Oslo airport at the terminal/tower area:

(FTX Global and OrbxLib, latest versions installed, FTXCentral position "Europe")

Strange objects positioning, double identical buildings, seems to be mixed up.

No other Norway/Oslo scenery installed.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/nCv

Is there any adcvice, please?

Hi Dieter,

it does look like another version of ENGM is active, perhaps with an AI traffic program? Please run a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree for all .bgl files that include ENGM as part of their names and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file and folder names. An example of that approach is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

I don't have any traffic program installed.

I did the recommended search:

I searched for *oslo*.bgl

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/nVy

( I already deleted the traffic_ships_norway...oslo..bgl  without any success.)

and for *engm*.bgl

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/nV3

This is very mysterious I didn't find any "culprit".

What I'm wondering are the identical buildings. Are these Orbx objects or MS standard?

Hi Dieter,

pretty odd. The buildings are MS default but moved to the correct location after we adjusted aprons and taxiways. The ADE file contains code to exclude the original placements. I've never heard of that bit not working so I still think it has to be some outside influence. Sorry, but the only other suggestion I have is to temporarily deactivate all other add-ons to check whether the issue goes away.

Cheers, Holger 

I had exactly  the same problem in ENGM Oslo. I solved it by disabling ENGM_AP.BGL and ENGM_FL.BGL in Scenery / UtEurAirports / Scenery (not sure if it is an Ultimate Terrain or an Ultimate Traffic folder, because I have both - most likely Terrain).

I don't know if this helps, but it seems Holger is right.

Paul

FTX Norway FSS0335407 (and all other Orbx regions...)

It is UTE Terrain. They fixed the original, horrible main apron placement made by MS. I remember this mess, because I could disable ENGM from the UT Config. But each time I patched UTE, ENGM came back in play. Best remedy is to delete the two files you mention. If using FTXN, delete all EN...files from that folder. Myself, I haven't been using anything UT for at least a year now.

This is one the most mysterious problems I ever experienced during all the years I'm operating FSX.

@Holger
I created a (test) scenery.cfg in which I deleted all scenery/meshes entries except the original ones by MS.
Then Oslo is displayed in MS standard design.
Now I added the 4 FTX EU Norway ( 5 - 8  ) and the OrbxLib entries  to the scenery.cfg and  - I couldn't believe - the old problem appears again.
I also reinstalled FTX Norway with no success.

@Paul, Andrew
ENGM_AP.BGL and ENGM_FL.BGL are already deleted for a long time because of the known problems.

I'm close at my wit's end ...

Hi Dieter,

I have countless add-ons (installed and removed) through the years (on this PC since 2009).

I have been searching my files and cannot recall I had UTX Europe once installed on my rig.

I had GEX-Europe installed, but removed that one a long time ago.

Another strange behavior that I noticed on both platforms (FSX/P3D) is that also @ ENBR there is a problem with the airport elevation. And yes, I ran FTX Vector Global airport elevation correction (run auto-configuration) on both platforms. If you want, i can try to add a picture.

Probably nothing to do with this all; but i had FS GENESIS MESH installed (but inactive in the library in FSX) and Xclass EU 2006/07 cloud9 (but inactive in the library in FSX).

It is a bit painfull that with all those great ORBX regions installed, we can not fully enjoy OrbxFTXEUNOR in all its glory.

Hopefully we (they) can find the culprit.

Hans

ps what is AoN?

@Hans,

what makes me wondering and considering...

You wrote, "problems are equal in FSX as in P3DV2.4" (==> Oslo)

Is it correct to assume that your P3D 2.4 installation is just a pure version without any other additional stuff  besides Orbx and Pilot's  software?

If yes, then it's more than strange that there is the same Oslo airport problem as in FSX (where you have a lot of different stuff installed).

Archived