Norway, I'm pulling my hair out, will not un zip

wombat

thanks Adrian,  I did send another email to your web form this morning, I am more than convinced that it is a isp problem and they are not interested, they say "the problem is outside of their scope to help.

I cannot see 3 computers doing the same thing when the isp is the same, I have one more test to do tonight or maybe tomorrow I will take my flight sim computer to my sons and download a file from FSS and I should also be able to unzip it this will prove to me that the isp is at fault and I will have to look around for a new isp, the isp company has recently changed hands and is useless for phone calls and getting support. 

OK, took my computer to my son's and did the download from FSS and I was able to unzip and install on my computer, the ISP is saying that this CRC problem is local computer related, so how can I take my computer to my sons and be able to download and unzip Norway when ISP is saying its my computers that are the problem?

any help or suggestions with this problem would be appreciated.

All this download problem started about a week ago and still no help from my ISP.

Yeah that is strange indeed and the provider is the common connection. They may have some sort of caching enabled on your internet connection and that cache (located in a data centre somewhere) may have a corrupt copy of the file in it. Just a theory.

The source files on the FSS content servers are definitely not the issue, with both the file size and MD5 checksums matching those of the original files we have here on our network drives.

Thanks Adrian, I have just done another download with the same results NBG CRC error, my download is showing a file missing (I think) should there be a 100.9 file?

I have just posted a couple of Screen shots to you at FSS, I thought you you already be on your Christmas Hols by now, or would it be better to post them here?

ISP has also asked me to connect my sons computer to my own connection here at my place and then do a download, will be doing that today.

Update:

my emails to FSS are being returned, also my emails to my isp, all other emails are as normal, I cannot communicate with FSS or my own isp, I still have the crc issue.

I receive an email from FSS or my isp saying my email is delayed, 8 hours later the email is returned to me.

I now this may not be a flight sim problem but any advice would be appreciated from you computer experts out there.

Wombat I don't know who your ISP is but I'm in WA and use Westnet as my provider and have had no problems in the last 10 years so I'd seriously be thinking of changing my ISP if they didn't want to help fix a problem that is theirs but won't admit to. Just my 2bobs worth and hope you get it sorted soon Mate.

Hi Ticker7,

I cant really name the isp here as it may get Orbx in trouble and that is the last thing I want to do, you live in the same suburb that I do, I am in contact with another isp and at least they have answered my email's not bounced them back to me.

wombat

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I should have come back here sooner my problem is fixed, I had to buy a new router, now all downloads are opening without the CRC error, only fixed it last week.

Lachstar,

If you are getting the same CRC error then it could be your router, that worked for me.

Archived