Norway, I'm pulling my hair out, will not un zip

wombat

I cannot unzip Norway, I have been in contact with FSS but my last two emails through their web site have been returned to me, I have downloaded Norway 4 times now and all I get when I try to unzip to a folder on my desktop is this

NowayUnzipProblem.jpg

Download it again, but before that delete your browser cache.

do you mean my temp folder?

I'm have used Win zip and also 7-zip still the same

thanks for your feedback guys, I have never had a problem unziping stuff from FSS before

Got the same error and used IDM as well for the download. Tried GetRight initially but it wouldn't download, although the that may have been an overloaded server as it was soon after release, where IDM worked straight away. I'll have a go at deleting the file, CCleaner and then a redonwload, and then see what happens.

Did you try to download from another server?

Spirit

There are two options to download and I did try both of them. :banghead:

Got the same error and used IDM as well for the download. Tried GetRight initially but it wouldn't download, although the that may have been an overloaded server as it was soon after release, where IDM worked straight away. I'll have a go at deleting the file, CCleaner and then a redonwload, and then see what happens.

Spacey, how did you go after your next download? 

I am able to download but when I try to unzip I get the error, my download size is 3.61gb

I have tried 3 computers and my son at his place has also tried to do it and we are both getting the same, I was thinking of doing that, put on a dvd, strange this is happening on all of my computers.

I don't think its the download I can do that it's when I unzip the file I get the error, if I cannot get this fixed I will have no option bet to stop buying FSX stuff.

This problem can be the fault of your ISP.  Many cache files locally so that further requests for the file don't cost them download bandwidth again.  If the cached copy has a fault it will be delivered to you each time until the cache is cleared.  I believe most files cached by ISPs are cleared after 48 hours.  If you know someone with a different ISP from you who would be willing to download the file for you that might be your only option.

thanks for all of your feedback guys I have tried most of the options and still no go, no reply from FFS, I keep getting my attempts to contact them returned and I am going through their web site,

Just got a reply from WinZip (see below) and I will try that tomorrow.

Hi, I am writing in response to your message:

Sorry to hear of the difficulties you are facing.

A CRC error indicates that some data in your Zip file (.zip or .zipx) is damaged. CRC stands for cyclic redundancy check. It is a calculation made from all the data in a file to insure accuracy in transmission. When you add a file to a Zip file, WinZip calculates a CRC value for the file and saves the value in the Zip file. When you later extract the file from the Zip file, WinZip calculates the CRC of the extracted file and compares it to the value stored when the file was zipped. If these two CRC values do not match, the file that was extracted does not match the original file, and WinZip will display a CRC Error message.

The best solution to the problem of a damaged Zip file is to try to obtain another copy of the file. For example, use your backup copy of the file or get a new copy from the original source. If you obtained the Zip file by downloading it, then downloading it again will almost always solve the problem.

If you cannot download a new copy of the Zip file, obtain a replacement disk, or use a backup copy, you may still be able to recover some of your files, and even save portions of the files that are damaged in the Zip file. Here is the recommended procedure.

Start WinZip and open the damaged Zip file 
Click the Unzip button (Legacy menus/toolbar - click the Extract button) 
In the Unzip dialog, select a target folder and click Unzip
(Legacy menus/toolbar - Select the All files/folders in archive radio button and click Extract) 
WinZip will extract any undamaged files to the selected folder; for any damaged files, WinZip will display a CRC Error message. For each such file, before clicking OK in the error message window, use Windows Explorer to open the extract folder and look for the file; some portion of it will probably already have been extracted. Copy the partial file to another folder and then click OK in the WinZip error message window. This will erase the partially extracted file from the extract directory, leaving intact the copy of the file you made in the other folder.

Please use the following link which will gives you more information in this issue: http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/41/

Hi Ron,

Can you please try sending a copy of an email that bounced back from our help desk to me directly at info [at] flightsimstore [dot] com so I can try and work out why.

A couple of things to look at though with your issue.

1. If you right click on the file and select Properties, does the file size in bytes match that shown on the download link screen?

2. If yes for above then download the free MD5 check tool from www.winmd5.com and check that the MD5 checksum matches the one on the download link page.

If no to either of the above, you file is corrupt and will need to be downloaded again.

I will send the bounce back email.

these file do not match, my download is 3.61gb after download that file above the MD5 do not match, so it looks like i will have to download again, however before I do that I will await my son who is doing another download for me and see what he comes up with, the problem is I have already downloaded it 5 tiimes, I have also ordered a dvd from FSS

on download page I get this for the MD5 

File size: 3,876,618,938 bytes

MD5: 1a6a3a8cab9f9dec5311d68e06b65aab

NorwayResults1.jpg

I just checked the file we have here and the MD5 on the download page is correct, so your file does appear to be corrupt.

I am in the process of downloading the files from the servers to check their integrity again but I am confident they'll be okay.

I'll get back to you.

Adrian, I have just forwarded the bounced email to you and it has just come back to me again, Grrrrr

Is there an error message in the bounced email that you can provide that might indicate the issue with email?

Adrian, I have just done an experiment I downloaded a previous file I already have installed and my new download does not match the MD5, (see below) so it looks like all of my downloads are not working.

I have not done the Winzip fix yet, still awaiting my son to get back to me, I have also done virus checks all passed ok, really strange cos nobody else seems to be having a problem.

re the bounced email, there is a zip file attached but I cannot open it.

CanberraCityScape.jpg

my son arrived with a dvd that he downloaded and unzipped and it looks like I now have Norway, just installing now, But that still leaves me with the problem of downloading and unzipping, I tried a download of Canberra Cityscape just as a test and again I cannot unzip, only a corrupt file, not that I need that program just did it to see what happened and it is a corrupt download, why am I getting these corrupt downloads ?

any help would be appreciated.

No more hair pulling for me as I now have Norway installed, my son did the download and unzip on his computer and put it all on dvd for me, however I still have the problem of downloading and unzipping any future scenery I purchase from FSS, not that I am blaming FSS, I just cannot work out what is happening in regards to the CRC errors when I download from FSS, I have no problem with any other files I download from the internet only looks like FSS downloads are no longer available to me.

Your situation now would frighten me much more because you obviously have a corrupted Windows or at least a part of it is broken. I would try to fix this by all means.

Good luck

Spirit

Not too sure about a corrupt windows, I have 3 computers Vista, Win 7 and Win 8.1 and all of them are doing the same thing, I would not think all 3 would be corrupt at the same time, would you?

Not too sure about a corrupt windows, I have 3 computers Vista, Win 7 and Win 8.1 and all of them are doing the same thing, I would not think all 3 would be corrupt at the same time, would you?

Hard to believe that 3 different computer are having the same issue. One thing is, that you tried always on the same internet connection (ISP) and I guess your son from a different one with a different ISP.

What tool did you use to download and what did your son use?

Anyway, I would try to find out the faulty behavior by all means.

Spirit

Spriit, thank you for your feedback, yes it was the same isp on all computers and my son (not living at home) does not have the same isp, I was thinking along these lines a few days ago, still not sure about that one.

I used IDM and just windows to download, both with the same result.

I would very much like to find out what is causing this problem asap.

Where did you save the downloaded zip-file? With different PCs it should be also different drives, isn't it? Did you use the same anti virus protection on the three computer? Do you use the same router/modem for the three different computer?

Only some thoughts, nothing special.

Spirit

Archived