Installing norway best practises

gsumner

Guys,

I am downloading norway as i write this and will be installing on my return from work this evening. I see the forum is filled with installation problems so i just wondered if we had reached some sort installation best practices yet? With particular attention on compatibility with existing norway flight simulator addon scenery.

Regards

Graham

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I only put aerosoft ENZV, ENTC, ENBR, ENVA, ENGM with a higher priority and didn't notice any particular problem.

I had AoN installed and I simply deactivated them from FSX.

I also removed the altitude correction for AoN that are present in the "world" scenery texture of FSX.

If I well recall there were 5 airports (Geilo, Kristiansand and other 3). I tested them quickly yesterday evening and all seemed to work fine.

One more thing I forgot to say about my installation:

I deleted all of the files in the ORBX Norway "texture" folder having the ICAO code of the Aerosoft airports I have installed (there are 2 files for each airport).

I don't know if this procedure is correct as I read ORBX guys and Jo Erlend Sund are working to blend them together but anyway, for me, this procedure worked fine.

To stay on the safe side I have those files in a separate directory, ready to be moved back to the original position if necessary.

With Oslo v2.0 in my FTX Norway, I disabled the four bgl files in the FTX Norway scenery folder, having an 'ENGM' in their file names. I renamed them from *.bgl to *.off, so I could reactivate them if needed. No issues so far and performance seems to have improved as expected.

Hi Mopperle

With all the updated airports in Orbx's Norway, is this program necessary, or are they additional ones; or ones more visually enhanced than Orbx's as this is really an Orbx Regional add-on rather than about airports (so please no offence to Orbx on this question).

Archived