Remember Aeropelican Twin Otter

I remember those days so well. I used to take off from YWVA and head over to the training area over Tuggerah Lakes then fly up to Chain Valley Bay and pass an Otter along the way. We used to communicate with them to maintain separation. For many new to the skys it was the first contact with RPT operations. Very exciting!  :)

I,ve been on them. Matter of fact I was on one of the last flights out of YPEC in 2005. Great to see the virtual skies and airport alive again.

Thanks for the search on the Otter repaints Meatycus!

Can't wait to do some shuttling to YSSY and back. Great practice!

Thank you for your feedback guys  :)!

I remember those days so well. I used to take off from YWVA and head over to the training area over Tuggerah Lakes then fly up to Chain Valley Bay and pass an Otter along the way. We used to communicate with them to maintain separation. For many new to the skys it was the first contact with RPT operations. Very exciting!  Smiley

Thank you for sharing your real life experience with us Greg it makes the place even more alive!

Cheers

Your most welcome Andreas and thank you for creating such a wonderful realistic environment of my home area to fly in.

Flying the Twotter on finals to RWY 07 is an amazing experience. You almost forget to look at the runway because the water looks so magnificent. It would have been a great job flying those planes back and forth from YSSY.

Flying the Twotter on finals to RWY 07 is an amazing experience. You almost forget to look at the runway because the water looks so magnificent.

I heard from other real world pilots, Greg, that to fly an approach over water is quite challenging as the water reflections tend to mislead the pilot for an appropriate descend. So with virtual YPEC you might train this before you touch down with a real aircraft after reopening of the airport later this year  ;).

Cheers

Archived