WARNING: AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega drivers - Caution when installing.

VonClout

Hi All,

To those of you who run ATI GPUs I'd just like to offer a word of caution, be very careful when installing the latest 14.12 update as it's causing a lot of bother! It looks like the latest updates from Microsoft causes issues with the AMD drivers not being installed properly and results in the GPU not being recognised.

Please take a look at the AMD forums to see how much grief has been caused by this:

http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=454&entercat=y

Looks like my Friday evening will be spent trying to fix this,

Simon

(mods please move this topic if I've not put it in the right place)

Thanks Simon. It looks like only those who installed Windows updates in the last few days have the problem, MS have "confessed" and provided a fix with the latest update(s).

Doug

Thanks for the info Doug, I had indeed updated earlier in the week so that's why my PC bombed.

Note to self: check AMD forums before installing next update.

Simon

Firstly my installation went without trouble, however, I have asked AMD (no answer yet) if the new Omega Update uses more memory as I feel my VAS availability is less and I have had a few OOMs I would not have normally had.

Has anybody else sensed they have less spare memory since the Driver Update?

Comments welcome

Thanks

ken

A big thanks to Microsot who put out a quick fix for this! By the time I'd cranked up the PC ready for an evening's investigation it was already downloading the fix, so rebooted and then installed 14.12 again without a hitch,

Simon

Archived