FTX Norway product page

simmerhead2

I've just been visiting your product page and notices two things.

1) Please note that the Arctic Ocean islands of Svalbard and Jan Mayen are not included with FTX Norway (no suitable data were available)

In case you didn't know, all map and topographical data for the Norwegian Arctic and Antarctic territories are made by the Norwegian Polar Institute. Here's a link to their map page: http://www.npolar.no/en/services/maps/

That said, I have no idea if they can provide "suitable data".

2) EN67 (Broggerhalvoya) airport

The ICAO code and name of the airport is wrong. This should be Ny Ålesund, which lies on the Brøggerhalvøya (Brogger Peninsula), but it is called "Hamnenabben" and has ICAO code ENAS.

It would have been nice if you included Svea airport (ENSA) as well in a later release. The link above has good maps and aerial photos of the Svalbard airports.

I didn't see them mention Bjørnøya(Bear Island), is that included?

Not Bouvet Island either, but since it's close to Antarctis I didn't expect it either :P

Bjørnøya has no airport, just a small heliport with a fuel depot to serve helicopters on rescue missions in the Barents Sea. The island is includede in the defualt FSX map/terrain.

Same goes for Hopen, an even smaller island closer to Svalbard.

Bjørnøya has no airport, just a small heliport with a fuel depot to serve helicopters on rescue missions in the Barents Sea.

Same goes for Hopen, an even smaller island closer to Svalbard.

I know, but that heli refuel port is really important for serving rescue helicopters in the area, could be great for us that fly's helis in FSX:)

Could also be cool to simulate the historical post drops with the Catalina:)

I know, but that heli refuel port is really important for serving rescue helicopters in the area, could be great for us that fly's helis in FSX:)

Could also be cool to simulate the historical post drops with the Catalina:)

Sorry, didn't see you were a fellow Norwegian :)

Archived