OpenLC Eurotour (3) Madrid-Gibraltar

patrickjorand

Another day crossing the desertic central Spain sierras on our way from Madrid to Gibraltar, home of the "people of the rock".

On slide number 9, you will see the nearby Moroccan coast behind the rock. Let's start with a take off southbound from runway 18L in Madrid Barajas, one of the biggest airport in Europe. Hope you will enjoy ! 

WdMh.png

9Vwuo.png

aQd7T.png

D78O1.png

Mxim.png

Vq9Sr.png

RN0Sl.png

Z7R6G.png

OGp1b.png

TdIrC.png

Always nice to see these tours "through the eyes of another setup". I feel you have better mountain precision than me (the Rock looks very well shaped, and wasn´t it your Bonifacio looking much better than mine?). Maybe the Global-Ultimate effect?

Dear Stillwater,

Many thanks for your comments. I am using nextmesh 4,5 meter europe and france in FSX, but in P3D (like these tour pictures) I am using the standard FS Global and nothing else except orbx products. For the texture sharpness, I made a lot of testing and it appears that the combination of texturequality=6 and using an afinity mask at 243 produces very neat and sharp results, and more important no bluries at all, even with all graphics maxed. Tessilation factor at max is also important for the mesh quality. However what is true for my PC might not necessarily work on other. Other users like Filou do not tweak at all their system and have outstanding graphic. Try at least the texture quality 6 and the AM243 and you might see a big improvement graphically speaking. Have a nice day. Patrick, Geneva 

very nice set of shots ! 

did you try to merge the Gibraltar X from Aerosoft with this partof Global world ?

Intresting question. I have only tried it with FTX Global base and UTX, it blended quite nicely. Would also be intrested how it would fit with Vector and EU LC, as I haven't got them yet, but are on my "too buy list".

Dear Stillwater,

Many thanks for your comments. I am using nextmesh 4,5 meter europe and france in FSX, but in P3D (like these tour pictures) I am using the standard FS Global and nothing else except orbx products. For the texture sharpness, I made a lot of testing and it appears that the combination of texturequality=6 and using an afinity mask at 243 produces very neat and sharp results, and more important no bluries at all, even with all graphics maxed. Tessilation factor at max is also important for the mesh quality. However what is true for my PC might not necessarily work on other. Other users like Filou do not tweak at all their system and have outstanding graphic. Try at least the texture quality 6 and the AM243 and you might see a big improvement graphically speaking. Have a nice day. Patrick, Geneva 

Thanks for your suggestions, Patrick. I tried it but the rock did not change (see below) - but this can also be due to photoreal scenery there.

very nice set of shots ! 

did you try to merge the Gibraltar X from Aerosoft with this partof Global world ?

see below...

Intresting question. I have only tried it with FTX Global base and UTX, it blended quite nicely. Would also be intrested how it would fit with Vector and EU LC, as I haven't got them yet, but are on my "too buy list".

... and here we are: Aerosoft Gibraltar (partially photoreal) with FTXG base, vectors & OpenLC. Not easy to separate (and that´s what we want, eh?): Seems to be the photoreal base is behind the copter in the first shot, you can also distinguish the autogen and the harbour areas.

HVsFx.jpg

QKiNa.jpg

Archived