YWOL Issue - Bridges

JPL19

I am seeing the following weird effect on bridges, only around YWOL.  As I get closer on approach, the problem resolves, but, stands out from about 20 miles out, and seems to persist if I overfly at altitude.  Tried different AC, same issue.  Flown to quite a few AU airports even this weekend, have not noticed this at all.

Any ideas?

On approach (eventually go away close to landing).

Screenshot73196_zps277fcf15.jpg

Overfly (seemed as if they stayed the whole time):

Screenshot61985_zpsdc2f755c-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am seeing the following weird effect on bridges, only around YWOL.  As I get closer on approach, the problem resolves, but, stands out from about 20 miles out, and seems to persist if I overfly at altitude.  Tried different AC, same issue.  Flown to quite a few AU airports even this weekend, have not noticed this at all.

Any ideas?

I remember this issue was already reported for Juneau, but I did not find that post. However, I am surprised this current post is unanswered. I discovered the same, and therefore have to enter this post:

2015-2-21_14-5YWOL.jpg

Hi guys,

the corresponding thread about PAJN Juneau is here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/65502-sak-pajn-bridges-become-wireframe-and-grow-taller/

I don't know whether there's a similar interaction with a VASI file but the local bridge placement file is "Orbx_Australia_Roads_SI56_SYD_bridges_EXT.BGL", located in \ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU05_ROADS\scenery.

Cheers, Holger

Hi guys,

the corresponding thread about PAJN Juneau is here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/65502-sak-pajn-bridges-become-wireframe-and-grow-taller/

I don't know whether there's a similar interaction with a VASI file but the local bridge placement file is "Orbx_Australia_Roads_SI56_SYD_bridges_EXT.BGL", located in \ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU05_ROADS\scenery.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the interesting link, Holger. Though it obviously is a difficult issue...

Thank you for replying Holger.  That gave me something to look at.

There appear to be duplicate bridges overlapping each other - could this be a cause?  I see a difference in the bridges with and without YWOL.  Is it possible two bridges overlapping each other contribute?

I will try w/o the referenced file active as well.

OK - EDIT - I removed the above referenced file and there is only one set of bridges, but it seems as if there is a elevation /mesh influence in YWOL.  With YWOL active at least the bridge I am looking at is higher out of the water, making the pylon appear different.

I tried to correct myself after the fact, I was incorrect about the duplicate bridges - just different elevations w/ and w/o YWOL active. ( I do keep Vector in-active except when flying is Asia and South America.)

YWOL Active:

Screenshot2935_zpsvzsnzkqo.png

YWOL not active:

Screenshot3731_zpsf94w29jd.png

Another active:

Screenshot8045_zpstjhkxkbi.png

Inactive:

Screenshot6615_zpsieg9wdwb.png

Very frustrating, even going back and test in the default Cessna it may "cure" quicker" in external views, and sometimes not fix itself until right on top in VC (all on the same flight).  These two shots are at the same place and time from a paused sim:

In VC:

Screenshot25458_zpsthypa615.png

Spot (zoomed to show):Screenshot23635_zpssezd0pqj.png:

I have found a solution in my case.

I started looking at why some views showed the issue and some did not.  It even occurred in VC view but, not in co-pilot view.

For me, deleting "ClipMode=Minimum" in the camera views where it occurred within Cameras.cfg (and within an AC's aircraft.cfg where necessary) seems to have solved the issue.  I assume deleteing that entries results in a default value of "normal" for ClipMode, but, I am not sure.

I do not know if there are other implications to that change.

Of course I backed up my cameras.cfg to be safe . . .

• 3 months later...

I have found a solution in my case.

I started looking at why some views showed the issue and some did not.  It even occurred in VC view but, not in co-pilot view.

For me, deleting "ClipMode=Minimum" in the camera views where it occurred within Cameras.cfg (and within an AC's aircraft.cfg where necessary) seems to have solved the issue.  I assume deleteing that entries results in a default value of "normal" for ClipMode, but, I am not sure.

I do not know if there are other implications to that change.

Of course I backed up my cameras.cfg to be safe . . .

Joe L,

Just noticed your post.  I don't have "ClipMode=Minimum" or "ClipMode=___" anything, under the virtual cockpit section of my "cameras.cfg".

I don't have a virtual cockpit section in my "aircraft.cfg", so no "ClipMode=Minimum" there either.   :banghead:

Archived