Beauty and the Beast - Reprise

Adam Banks

After discovering the freeware MiG-23 (the "Beast"), I thought I'd better counter it with (IMHO) the most graceful military jet ever - the Su-27.

I've had a long association with this aircraft, spanning many sims and have had the pleasure of seeing it perform it's amazing routines at airshows in the UK. Once seen - never forgotten.

su27_01_764_1280.jpg

su27_02_276_1280.jpg

su27_04_8_1280.jpg

su27_05_619_1280.jpg

This is the Bear Studios offering - flying over the unsuspecting inhabitants of NZNI/NZSI.

Adam.

Thanks for the encouragement folks (though you may live to regret it :lol:)!

Smashing set Adam, #1 is an absolutly stunner!

I toyed with the idea of posting just that one - but like the others too much to dump! I'mn in two minds as to whether #1 is better than my current screencomp entry.

A great one Adam.  Rumor has it that 'plane on plane' the Flanker series will still outperform the latest U.S. F35.

That wouldn't surprise me. Different philosophies. The US has always relied on advanced hi-tech weaponry and systems etc. whereas the Russians go for more ruggedness/versatility. eg. All modern US aircraft need highly prepared (and clean) runways, whereas the Su-27 can operate from a ploughed field (almost). I think the Su-27 line combines *both* philosophies, making it particularly dangerous.

As with a Spitfire, it's hard to believe that such a beautiful machine is a weapon after all.

Adam.

Archived