Terrain issues near Palm Springs

iflygary

Do you have Vector?

AEC needs to be disabled for all the airports included in Palm Springs.

Also make sure the Global Freeware airports addon packs (if you have them) are disabled for the 3 airports included in the KPSP package. The PSP package installer should have already taken care of it but I have seen reports that it doesnt always work for some reason.......

Do you have Vector?

AEC needs to be disabled for all the airports included in Palm Springs.

Also make sure the Global Freeware airports addon packs (if you have them) are disabled for the 3 airports included in the KPSP package. The PSP package installer should have already taken care of it but I have seen reports that it doesnt always work for some reason.......

Glenn,

I do have Vector but what is AEC?  Also, I tried to get the latest updates for Vector but I keep getting the errors messages with the installer.

Gary

G'day there,

Further to Glenn's suggestions, just make sure that your KPSP scenery folder is sitting above all others in your scenery library - by the looks of it there is a clash with another product due to not only the elevation problems but also the fact that the freeway running next to the airport is also missing.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad and Glenn thanks for the suggestion. Glenn, I replied to you incorrectly. I DO NOT have Vector.  I only have Orbx Global.  Jarrad I've moved KSPS up to top priority on my scenery list but the issue is still there.  Where exactly would I find KSPS.  I tried to uninstall it and then do a reinstall but I don't see where it is located within my FSX.  Thanks

Gary

Hi there,

I'd suggest to run a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree for all .bgl files that include KPSP as part of their names and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file and folder names. A good example of that is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129

Cheers, Holger

G'day there,

All the files you display are related to our KPSP airport so won't be the cause of your issue. Three things:

1. Could you do a search of your FS folder for "KUDD" since this is the airport affected? Ignore any hits that are in your ORBX folder - these are files related to this product and won't be causing the conflict. 

2. Do you run any payware AI programs?

3. Could you take a photo showing a bit more of your scenery (ie from the same viewpoint but showing all the way to the horizon).. I suspect there is something more at play here and this will help give a better idea. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks Gary, those area great. 

1. Ultimate Traffic shouldn't be interfering, as I understand it doesn't ship with any custom APX's (which often cause this type of conflict). 

2. Could you turn up your FSX mesh slider to 5m and see if this resolves the issue?

3. If this doesn't work, you might need to try temporarily disabling all non-ORBX and non-Default scenery library entries in your FSX library. If this resolves the issue, then it will be a matter of re-introducing the other addon scenery entries to figure out which one is causing you problems. 

4. (unrelated issue) - might be worth re-installing the ORBXlibs and cycling FTX Central to either Global or NA once - it's hard to tell from your shots, but I think you might have the missing autogen issue outlined here.

Let me know how you go with these.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad,

I've tried all of your suggestions but still the problem remains.  It seems as though I did not have the latest ORBXLibs but after downloading them, the scenery got better but it's still not correct.  I'm not getting a message about Vector not being installed.  Is this correct? I DO NOT have Vector btw, but I didn't think it was necessary.  Any other suggestions?

Gary

rcIZK.png

s8lj.jpg

G'day Gary,

That's correct, you don't require Vector for KPSP to work correctly - that message is indeed very odd, perhaps it's indicating a larger issue? 

A couple more things to try:

1. Could you let me know what the altitude at the airport is in your default C172?

2. Could you temporarily disable the FTX_AA_KPSP scenery folder in your scenery library and take a shot of the default Bermuda Dunes for me.. ie are you experiencing the same problem with default?

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad,

Thanks for all of your help and support thus far.  I suspect that there are some serious issues.  I've taken several shots to show you what I'm talking of.  For starters, once I disabled PSP, there is no airport whatsoever at Bermuda Dunes.  It doesn't even show up on the list of available airports.  Also I forgot to mention I was using Scenery ConfigEditor.  I'm now wondering if that's part of the issue as well. I can only get 28 of the 50 states to show up.  I've attached screen shots of everything for you to see. I hope this info helps you out and sorry for all the issues.

Here is Bermuda with default Cessna and PSP enabled

m17nV.png

Here is Bermuda with PSP unchecked

aXphn.png

And here is a list of all sceneries enabled with Scenery ConfigEditor

dYXwS.png

Hope all of this brings us closer to getting the issues resolved :)

Gary

Jarrad,

Great news!  I'm about 95% there.  I went in and enabled all the areas that SceneryConfEditor had deleted.  As a result, all of the terrains issues are gone, however, I'm still not able to see all of the surrounding areas next to Bermuda Dunes.  I'm basing this on preview shot #30 for KPSP on the product page.  Let me know if you have any other suggestions please.

Thanks

Gary

4XYuo.png

G'day Gary,

Glad to hear you've got it mostly sorted - yes I would sound caution with using programs such as SceneryConfigEditor - by the looks of it this had disabled a bunch of default scenery folders which was the cause of the problem (with the visual result being the same as an exclude-all as we previously discussed). Everything is looking good in your shot - the photoreal freeways in shot #30 of the product page were deleted just prior to release, so what you see is basically as it should be. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day Gary,

Glad to hear you've got it mostly sorted - yes I would sound caution with using programs such as SceneryConfigEditor - by the looks of it this had disabled a bunch of default scenery folders which was the cause of the problem (with the visual result being the same as an exclude-all as we previously discussed). Everything is looking good in your shot - the photoreal freeways in shot #30 of the product page were deleted just prior to release, so what you see is basically as it should be. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad,

Beautiful sir!  I'd say it's time to update this topic as "Resolved" 8)

Archived