Squamish.. Something is wrong here

Mac_Maddog88

Just bought Squamish and I must say my experience in the sim isn't living up to the hype and the pictures provided of the airport. 

I don't know why, but my sim lacks the deep, rich colors present in the screenshots. I don't know if this is my monitor or what.

Secondly, and my major issue here, with a processor at 4.3 GHz and in a plane such as the carenado saratoga, my performance tanks above the town. I have most options disabled, and I would love if somebody cvould try helping me tune the airport for performance without sacrificing detail.

I love the product, and it's obvious how much went into it. However, it just has TOO MUCH detail. No options to regulate the coverage of the autogen trees surrounding the airport and such.

If a developer or member could help me troubleshoot my issues I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,

-Mac

Outrage. Seems weird as I have a rig not quite as

powerful as yours,and mine runs silky smooth.

The Gman did a truely great job.

Anthin

Would you mind screenshoting the options in the control panel you have selected?

Also, what average FPS are you getting?

Should I do a reinstall of FSX? I've scanned my PC for viruses that'd be hogging up resources and none have turned up.

I'm really confused.

Hi Mac,

Just a heads-up that I have similar issues. Really bad framerates and poor performance... I don't think a re-install of FSX will help - plus I have so many tons of things running in FSX that I don't see the point of going through all the effort just for one airport. Would be interesting to find out what is going on, as I too had heard from quite a number of others that they were very happy with the scenery.

Cheers

Mallard

When testing Squamish I had really bad fps.  That's because I had all control panel options ticked.  I went through and went back to bare minimum.  Performance was above average.  I then selected a couple of the items that I deemed most important and found performance remained acceptable.  With my mid-range system I realise I need to keep this complex scenery at low settings.  Eventually when I upgrade to the next generation I should be able to tick all the boxes.

Scenery developers often face a challenge.  To put optional elements in scenery to cater for the highest performance rigs, or hold back so that everyone can enjoy the scenery with all options ticked.  I prefer this way, where future performance increases are allowed for, but for the moment i have to 'detune' the scenery.

Well - I have it running with pretty much everything unticked to make it at all flyable... And, of course, it therefore does not show much of what was advertised on the previews or the FTX-site - although I guess can't really complain, as I was fortunate enough to receive the airport as the generous prize from the screenshot contest. And obviously a number of other (screenshot) forum members can acheive decent to brilliant results. :)

Cheers

Mallard

CYSE runs just shy of 20 fps for me in a default plane, high quality graphics profile in FSX, DX9 mode, and all(!) options ticked in the CYSE control panel.

As that kind of maxed-out CYSE configuration is not recommended, and as I can still opt for a different graphics profile, I can not quite confirm the issues mentioned here.

The CYSE manual includes a couple of recommended configurations for the control panel, depending on what kind of experience you are after.

A couple from CYSE, Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended and default FSX trike, no AI traffic. Dropbox link contains the graphics profile I used. When checking my frame rates, pls. remember: The shots were taken with all options in the CYSE control panel maxed out; this configuration is considerably "heavier" than what ORBX recommend. Shots are unedited; DX9, no ENB, no fiddling with LOD_radius or the like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fv4pxcnm4mgahh/VoxATC%20config2.CFG?dl=0

Ft4qU.jpg

PAEIT.jpg

dX4P.jpg

Archived