Kumusi river flowing down- and uphill

Stillwater

I am sure many of you have been flying from Kokoda and following the Kumusi river towards Emo Mission. If you do so, NW of Emo you see the Kumusi river flowing down- and uphill...:

cMrSl.jpg

I know PNG has an astonishing nature, but this seems a bit strange  ;D .

Aye the streams and the mesh never work together harmoniously, because its almost impossible to see the streams from the air in real life PNG I actually ended up removing most of the them from around the payware AYPY bushstrips but this one is probably outside of that area, just one of those things!

Mesh data isn't perfect and often fills in holes in the data resulting in anomalies like this.  Probably hundreds of examples particularly in rugged terrain around the world.  

Aye the streams and the mesh never work together harmoniously, because its almost impossible to see the streams from the air in real life PNG I actually ended up removing most of the them from around the payware AYPY bushstrips but this one is probably outside of that area, just one of those things!

Understood. I do not see this very often, so I thought this would be a special problem to deal with. But, to be honest, it does not matter seriously. Thanks for the quick statements!

PS: you may mark this as answered...

Archived