Unhandled exception after vector 1.2 install

Ticker7

Hi Guys just thought I'd ask if anyone can help me with this little problem.

Since I installed the full version 1.2 of Vector I am unable to run the auto config tool as I get this Error msg.

System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
   at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
   at FtxVector.Configurator.Ui.Forms.MainForm.Aec_AutoBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

----------------------------------------
FtxVector.Configurator
    Assembly Version: 1.10.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.10.0.0

Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

System.Drawing

System.Runtime.Remoting

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any help gladly accepted Guys and Thanks in advance.

I now deleted all the prior Vector folders and re-installed it.  The instruction manual is not for the newer version and instructs to delete certain folders.  I assume it is the same, which I did.  I received an error message about a backup file not found but it continued anyway and seems to work OK.  Hope all is good now.

Hi all,

Most likely cause is duplicate files. The routine should back up what your Vector Config process, then it enables all (so as to set a default situation) and it should then re-enable your settings which were backed up. For some reason that has not worked.

To fix the situation, browse to the ORBX\FTX_VECTOR folder and do a search for .inactive and delete those files.

Most likely cause is duplicate files. The routine should back up what your Vector Config process, then it enables all (so as to set a default situation) and it should then re-enable your settings which were backed up. For some reason that has not worked.

To fix the situation, browse to the ORBX\FTX_VECTOR folder and do a search for .inactive and delete those files.

Hi Ed,

I did the same (stupid?) thing, and installed the new full 1.20 over my existing 1.15.

I got the same error. I deleted the .inactive files from both the AEC and APT folder in the Vector folder.

The FTX Vector Configurator ran without error, but it does not list any enable or disabled AEC files now.

Is it possible to do a complete clean default 'auto-configuration' for the AEC files, to make sure all is well?

Start from default, so to speak?

Hi Ed,

I did the same (stupid?) thing, and installed the new full 1.20 over my existing 1.15.

I got the same error. I deleted the .inactive files from both the AEC and APT folder in the Vector folder.

The FTX Vector Configurator ran without error, but it does not list any enable or disabled AEC files now.

Is it possible to do a complete clean default 'auto-configuration' for the AEC files, to make sure all is well?

Start from default, so to speak?

Hi Eric, have you tried runinng the auto-configuration for the AEC? Essentially what you now have is a default install.

Ed,

Yes, I ran this by clicking the button on the AFC page of the Vector utility. It appears to work but the left list stays empty. The right list (disabled') gets filled, I click apply at the end of the process, but when I exit the utility and start it again, both lists on the Age page are empty again. No error messages are shown during or after the process of auto configuration.

Does the FTX_VECTOR_AEC folder contain any files? Don't know why your list on the left would be empty.

What if you run the FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool file from the ORBX\FTX_VECTOR folder?

Yes, the AEC folder contains many files. I do not understand it either, especially since the auto-configuration runs without error now and produces a list of disabled ICAO's. But it does not persist.

I had deleted the .inactive files as you suggested to tackle that 'System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists' error.

Tonight (CET) I will check again the content of the folders, and also run the utility from the folder per your suggestion.

If all fails I might as well uninstall Vector and re-install it, maybe that's the easiest way to get it solved  ^-^

Yes, the AEC folder contains many files. I do not understand it either, especially since the auto-configuration runs without error now and produces a list of disabled ICAO's. But it does not persist.

I had deleted the .inactive files as you suggested to tackle that 'System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists' error.

Tonight (CET) I will check again the content of the folders, and also run the utility from the folder per your suggestion.

If all fails I might as well uninstall Vector and re-install it, maybe that's the easiest way to get it solved ^-^

Excuse the perhaps obvious suggestion, but did you make sure you clicked "Apply" after the auto configuration scanning process had completed? I only suggest this because you mentioned that the enabled/disabled lists do not persist upon rerunning the configurator and its all too easy to forget this last step after waiting for the configurator to run :)

What if you run the FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool file from the ORBX\FTX_VECTOR folder?

That did not help either.

Then I did a complete uninstall of Vector and a full install of 1.20, and all is back to normal now.

Thanks for you help, guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening everyone, I apologize, I'm Italian, I would like to ask a question: a few months ago I bought Orbx FTXGlobal Vector 1.10 but unfortunately now I do not have the version 1.15 because on the FlightsimStore there's already 1.20... Can i download and install directly 1.20 on the 1.10?

Thank you in advance.

Good evening everyone, I apologize, I'm Italian, I would like to ask a question: a few months ago I bought Orbx FTXGlobal Vector 1.10 but unfortunately now I do not have the version 1.15 because on the FlightsimStore there's already 1.20... Can i download and install directly 1.20 on the 1.10?

Thank you in advance.

hey raf..i would suggest going to your flight sim store account and downloading the complete FTX global vector 1.20 installer..that will avoid all your confusions..

cheers

govind

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Did an install of 1.15 and 1.20 updates.  The configurator doesn't seem to find all the airports, it only finds a few of them.  I've got it where it belongs in the FTXVector folder. Seems like it isn't scanning correctly.  I see from "up" the thread, someone uninstalled Vector then ran JUST 1.20?  Sounds like he had the same or a similar problem. (So is 1.20 sort of a full vector?)  I'm running P3D 2.5. Also, how to uninstall vector?

Just to update, uninstalled both Global and Vector, reinstalled them, used the 1.20.  Same problem. Many airports are not showing in the enabled side of the configurator table. Airports from the new 20-pack aren't showing there (and they are installed), KORD isn't there ... KSEA is ... and KHXD (Hilton Head) is not there (one of the airports in the #5 Airport addons. So for me, the Configuator is not "scanning" all of the airports correctly.  If anybody has an idea, let me know.

Doug

Order Number: FSS0269170 

Archived