looking for a smaller type bush plane with modern autopilot

Culley44

hey guys and gals, can someone give me any suggestions on a good low and slow plane with a modern autopilot,i like the a2a 180 Cherokee for hand flying but i want something about that size with auto pilot, i am starting to lean more towards learning smaller planes so i can navigate all the orbx scenery i own so i can sight see, thats hard for me to do hand flying 

RealAir Scout for bushplane.  Look for something with a canopy like the Baytower RV-7 for shortfield haul-a$$ two place tourer or Ant's Sierra LSA (kind of slow) or Ant's fantastic T-28 (not so slow) or the visibility and speed of the Aerosoft Bronco (shortfield but don't let it get slow on final). 

thanks Glenn i have yet to pick anything up yet,there just seem to be so many darned small planes out there, i usually fly heavies and there is only a handful of them out,carenado makes eye candy planes but doesn't seem to have the full functionality, does the flight1 plane work with p3d 2? its all i use now.

Brett, not a bush twin indeed, but do you know RealAir's Duke B60? For me this one has become my absolute favorite beside A2A's C172 and Piper 182 (low and high, not toooo fast), pretty realistic and a fine panel to enjoy.  With a small change in the aircraft.cfg it works great in P3D2, and the autopilot too. Just another idea....

There is one little aircraft I purchased recently that I never thought I would utter these words about..."fun for low and slow, different in a nice way & good value", because they have not had the best of reputation for releasing decent models...

But, the Wilco Tecnam P2006T is really an excellent little number plus it is a cheap download via JF...it's high wing gives you great views and it can get off a short grass strip no problem, and has quirky Italian style...Plus the autopilot is funtional and even works in harmony with my saitek autopilot box of tricks.

I thought I would try it because it was cheap and worth a punt, and it has turned out to be a little cracker for low and slow, just check out my Palm Springs shots in my "Palm Springs 1st flight" in screenshots section...

You can't go wrong with the Tecnam at the current price, give it a whirl Brett you may be pleasantly surprised :)

I would just wait for the A2A C182T.  If you have another accusim plane, you know how in depth they are.  Scott said they would look into adding Tundra tires later, and who knows what other expansions they might add at a later time.   The Baytower RV-7 is also an excellent choice, it will get in and out of 800' strips and cruise around 160kts.

Cheers

TJ

Archived