Huge Downloads Slow download speed

Ticker7

Hi Guys Thanks for the Vector 1.2 update of 5.9gig, however I'd just like to mention that when I bought this originally I got it on dvd because of the size it would take me a day or so to download it and now I'm faced with the same problem again. I don't think I'm alone with this problem and would like to ask is there a way to get these Huge files sent out to us on dvd's at a minimal cost if the product was purchased like this the first time as not all have superfast download speeds and can get big files in a matter of mins rather than a day or more.

I still have over 7 hours to go but it could be longer when the net gets busy :-(

Hi Ticker7

If you don't already have a download manager, I can thoroughly recommend Internet Download Manager

It made a fantastic difference to my download times as it utilises 8 - 10 channels.

Bill.

Thanks for the replies guys, I do use Idm but even with it it still takes a loooooong time as I don't have a fast connection. As for the fss I didn't know the service applied to updates but even if it does it means those with a slow connection are paying for the update albeit a small amount.

Maybe someone from the store might care to comment as to how I should go about this please.

...... I do use Idm but even with it it still takes a loooooong time as I don't have a fast connection. .....

Why don't you let the download run during your nighttime? Started in the evening you may have the finished download in the morning after a refreshing sleep.

I don't see any problem here. I did downloads which lasted 24 hours and more and I got it done. Patience is the keyword. You need not to sit in front of the monitor and watch the bytes coming through.

Spirit

Maybe someone from the store might care to comment as to how I should go about this please.

You'll actually need to contact the Flightsimstore about that directly.

I would recommend waiting for the full 1.2 all-in-one version coming soon http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86647-vector-120-complete-installer/

For what its worth I tried downloading Global base (4.1 gig) using free download manager - the download gets restricted to a single section for some reason and it takes a day ... and always fails (and yes I tried the overnight download thing ....fail)   Frustrating after having spent $100 to say the least ... been two days and still no program

For what its worth I tried downloading Global base (4.1 gig) using free download manager - the download gets restricted to a single section for some reason and it takes a day ... and always fails (and yes I tried the overnight download thing ....fail)   Frustrating after having spent $100 to say the least ... been two days and still no program

I use IDM and sometimes get a single stream. I simply cancel and try another server, or even the same server again after I've tried the others. Eventually I get multiple streams (usually 8) and it is away. Patience and perseverance.

Archived