Airport Elevation Problems

danr

Hi there,

anytime you see a problem like that at an airport I'd suggest running a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names. It should bring up those that are ours, for example:

ADEX_FTX_NCA_KBOK_Brookings_State.BGL

ADEX_FTX_NCA_KBOK_Brookings_State_CVX.bgl

FTX_NCA_objects_KBOK_PLC.bgl

ADE_FTX_NCA_KBOK_elevation_adjustment.BGL (2 locations, one in \Scenery\World\scenery and the other, an inactive backup, in \ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF)

Anything else that comes up outside the FTX folders would be a potential culprit. If you're not sure post a screenshot or list of the search result with full file names and folder paths and we can help with further diagnosis.

Also, if you'e using FTX Global Vector, make sure to run its Auto-Configuration tool in the Airport Elevation Corrections tab to ensure that any existing duplicates get deactivated (don't forget to press Apply after doing so!).

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger, I had the same problem at O68-Mariposa as dane and I discovered the following:

In the script folder, NCA_O68 lies in the OFF folder.  In the elevation configurator panel I could not locate O68, neither in the disabled list nor in the enabled list (but I found CO68 which is in Colorado).  So I manually changed the FSX\scenery\world\scenery\ADE_FTX_NCA_O68_elevation_adjustment.OFF to bbl and the elevation problem disappeared.

Would O68 be listed under another name in the disabled window?

I discovered the problem when taking off from Mariposa in order to fly to Frank's beautiful rendition of the Yosemite valley.

Jean-Jacques

Hi Jean-Jacques,

I'm not sure why your O68 elevation adjustment file was set to .OFF though that can happen when installing service packs with FTX Central not set to NA or if there's an unexpected read/write access permission issue. I've checked the control file that switches file extensions and it has the correct entries for that airport.

O68 doesn't get its elevation changed by Global Vector, which is why it doesn't show in the AEC panel. My remark above was of general nature because Vector users sometimes forget to run the AEC auto-configurator after installing new add-ons or service packs.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

Thanks for your reply. You have helped me figure out my problem. I discovered that my \Scenery\World\scenery folder only had three mysterious Northern California elevation files. I probably forgot to set FTX Central to North America when I installed Northern California. This probably was not noticeable when the elevation of an airport was close the stock elevation.

To correct my problem, I copied the fifty ADE_FTX_NCA elevation files from the \ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF folder to the \Scenery\World\scenery folder.  All is working well now.  Thanks again.

Dan 

Jean-Jacques,

just for the record, I am sure you mean bgl and bbl as the ending of that filename you changed...

A

Yes, I meant bgl :mellow:

these automatic corrections sometimes drive me crazy  ::)

Jean-Jacques

Hi Jean-Jacques,

I'm not sure why your O68 elevation adjustment file was set to .OFF though that can happen when installing service packs with FTX Central not set to NA or if there's an unexpected read/write access permission issue. I've checked the control file that switches file extensions and it has the correct entries for that airport.

O68 doesn't get its elevation changed by Global Vector, which is why it doesn't show in the AEC panel. My remark above was of general nature because Vector users sometimes forget to run the AEC auto-configurator after installing new add-ons or service packs.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger! I reinstalled NCA patch 01 making sure that FTX Central is set to NA and all is well now.

Jean-Jacques

Archived