some times you need a break

miloguy

what's the longest you've been away?? 

for me its been on of on off all year in regards to flying fsx etc..

but latley, its been about 3 months, with other things happening in life and just a lack of interest in it for me

I think I will come back into it eventually...

has this happened to you??

Yep, constantly.

I just never seem to have the time for "proper" flights anymore.

I start up FSX, attempt a loop or wingover or two in the microlight like a lunatic,  and that's it for another fortnight.

I'll get back to it but. Soon I hope.

I don't need a break but I don't use my flying rig much in the summer, it's a winter thing for me. I prefer to be outside.

For me, it just don't feel right to be in the house when it's nice outside.

I'm a casual simmer. I rarely fly for more then 2-3 hours at most, or I pause FSX, take a break and come back a bit later.

I guess that if I was not form a cold country I'm not sure I would do a lot of simming.

But at -25C, I'm on the sim.

I'm also an ""airport"" flyer, I like take off and landing doing circuit on those beautiful ORBX airport.

And no, I never hit ""Winter"" in the sim, too much white for me, if I want white I look thought my window ::)

Ben

I had a moment on Saturday where I loaded it up, checked the weather at the airport I last landed at, looked at the 900' OVC, turned it off and did something else. Never mind that there are +24k alternatives, at least one of which would have had better weather. I just couldn't do what I wanted to do and lost interest. That happens from time to time. I only get one to three ~1hr flights a week unless I catch a lucky break, so I don't really get the chance to get completely fed up with it these days.

Mike

I was constantly using an MSFS since version 4. I have been away just after the release of Traimsimulator in 2001. I was kind of saturated of flightsim. After 3 years I came back, more as a user than a designer which I was before. After the release of FSX I tried it and was dissatisfied. I stayed away longtime.In 2009 I tried again and saw, SP1 and SP2 where puplished in the meantime and after installing these FSX ran very well then. I also got Acceleration and since then I use it constantly. I have periods with flying and periods with enhancing airports. I use ADEX a lot. But also buying new things gives always something to adjust and tune. I consiously try to do some planned flights from one place to another to keep satisfaction level high. I do cargo flights with jets or bushflying. After a succesful flight, I always feel very good ;-). Then I also have the energy to cope with all the little problems arising from time to time. My FSX is maintainded pretty good and works reliable.

Dan

"has this happened to you??"

No..I sometimes get a bit jaded, but at seventy six I still love my sim..it fills my days, and there is ALWAYS something you never noticed or saw before (mainly thanks to Orbx and Oziex) Just now it's Yosemite, but hey, it's a huge world out there.Teecee.

Yep been on a break since late spring.  Finished a number of months long around the FSX world trip.......like 80+ legs and all continents except antarctica.  Bought the Lancair Legacy, did a little flying around NCA, and decided to give it a break.  Sort of lost interest because my old PC just couldn't hack FSX with all the scenery addons at the detail level I wanted to fly at.  Now I have a new system and I'm ramping back up to flying  :D I hadn't even been playing any other games either.  Definitely looking forward to getting back into things.

I don't really do that much Simming, I'm more of a tinkerer!

I love Simbuilding and the satisfaction I get out of making things work just how I want them to. I tinker minimum twice a week but this year it has been everyday as I took a year off to finish the sim.

I will probably leave it alone throughout December and then we will see :)

I've got P3Dv2.4 and I tinker a lot too. Apart from reinstalling scenery as the triple installers become available, I've got a huge backlog of aircraft to put in, along with their repaints. Then there's OPUS and FSUIPC still to update to the latest versions, TrackIR 5 to tune up, A2A manuals to read, my own Cherokee repaint to complete, and so on. With FSX/P3D, I seem to spend more time managing the sim than actually using it, but its fun...ish.

My biggest break was in September 2006 when I moved out to Nova Scotia from Toronto to unwind for a few years and live on the ocean. I lasted over 2 years out there without a computer because I intentionally left all things computers in storage in Toronto where I couldn't access them.

I remember when FSX first came out was when I was in Nova Scotia for about a month, so I bought it and kept it. It was 2008 when I got back to Toronto that I finally took it out of its wrapper and installed it on my old rig that I had used FS2004 on. It didn't run very well at all so I just went back to FS2004 for a while

It would have been 2009 when I bought a new rig to run FSX and finally got back into it seriously again. So that was a good three years off since I first got started back in 1982. In that time I lived in Nova Scotia and came to New Zealand towards the end of that time. so it was an amazing time for me to have no computer and amazing I bought the latest release of Flight Sim and just shelved it for almost 3 years....that was definitely a first.

I have now moved back to New Zealand and have a pretty good FSX rig going at the moment. But I would gladly takeoff for another three years and leave all this behind as that is the better life experience, to see the world rather then fly over it in a simulator.

Cheers

Archived