'FTXORBXLIBS' Downloads to Support FSX/FTX Payware Testing

pachow

Hi,

I have been experiencing FSX crashes lately and now wish to rebuild my complete FSX/FTX payware installation to the stable version I had in 2013 for testing purposes.

There are still links to the official 2013 Orbx FTXORBXLIBS ZIPs on many flight sim forums.  However, some links appear to be broken despite older FTXORBXLIBS files from 2011 and 2012 still being hosted by ORBX.

The 3 files that have been inadvertently removed from "http://cloud.orbxsystems.com/orbxfreeware/libraries/combined/" and "http://myftx.com/orbxfreeware/" are:

FTXORBXLIBS_130125.zip

FTXORBXLIBS_130320.zip

FTXORBXLIBS_130504.zip

I no longer have these libraries and would appreciate these files being restored so I can complete my rebuild testing.

Thanks!

Thanks, but I am not going to use the latest 140927 ORBXLib just yet as I am trying to establish a working baseline installation.

As mentioned, I am trying to slowly build my FSX/FTX + other addons to the working version I had in mid 2013.  That way I can test the more recent changes to my system that cause FSX to crash.

I am not suggesting that the problem is in the recent ORBXLibs.

Really hoping that you can fix the broken links to the 3 ORBXlibs mentioned above to allow my work to continue.

Thanks!

Sorry, but I will not be using the latest posted version just yet.

I assumed that the 2011 & 2012 OrbxLibs currently hosted on your website are to assist users that may need to do back testing as there are many documented FSX crashes on Windows 7 & 8 (particularly using 64bit versions with the latest graphics drivers). 

This is the first support request that I have raised with FTX in 3 years of using the software. 

Disappointed that the response could not be more obliging.

Sorry but those links were pulled in a bit of housekeeping, the only reason they were still there was due to us not deleting them. I didn't realise that the 2011 & 2012 were still there, so I will remove them as well. The other issue with having these older links is that it maybe cause issues with the current crop of releases, so it be best to have only the current version available.

The old Orbxlibs would be impossible for us to recompile and upload.

I have no idea what you think might be in the libraries that could possibly be causing FSX to crash.  They are simply files that are called by ORBX scenery packages as they are required to display scenery objects.  There has never been to my knowledge a single example of ORBXLibs causing FSX to crash.

Rather than being disappointed with a perfectly reasonable response from the developers, it would be better to look at what else is more likely to be causing crashes, such as traffic files, incompatible aircraft models etc, all of which have a long and distinguished history of causing crashes.

Archived