Test flying

jankees

I'm still busy painting aircraft, and I'm finding that I do (nearly) all my test flying somewhere in Oz, due to the fantastic scenery of course.

Here's a few shots of my latest incarnation of the A2A P-47, on her maiden flight over Coffs Harbor:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great pics.  You know, I've always wondered how you manage to taxi in taildraggers without getting outside the cockpit.  I know in real life the pilots look forward by leaning over the side but I've yet to find a way of doing it in the sim.

I do like the shots though.  Was she a girlfriend of yours Jan-Kees? ;D

John

Great pics.  You know, I've always wondered how you manage to taxi in taildraggers without getting outside the cockpit.  I know in real life the pilots look forward by leaning over the side but I've yet to find a way of doing it in the sim.

I do like the shots though.  Was she a girlfriend of yours Jan-Kees? ;D

John

I use my peripheral vision to keep an eye on the sides of the runway to make sure I'm central when landing and taking off, hoping that nobody has parked a big lump of concrete on the runway while I wasn't looking, and zig-zag while taxiing to see the path ahead.

In the few RW flights I've had in a C180 and one flight in a Tiger Moth, we always taxied zigzagging down the taxyway.

Cheers,

Thanks for the comments, guys!

and yes, zigzagging is the way to do it,

and no, she's not my girl friend, it's the june 1943 Varga Girl from Esquire magazine..

and no, the paint is not available yet, hopefully in a few days, on avsim and sim-outhouse

Jan Kees

edit: you can now find the paintjob at both locations

Archived