AI Traffic V2

Thanks for you response John, maybe still working on it would have been a more civil answer. I don't understand why your answer was so terse. I am a paying customer who has bought many of your products and it is a compliment to your work that I am actually looking forward to the version 2 release.

Andrew Dixon

Thanks for you response John, maybe still working on it would have been a more civil answer. I don't understand why your answer was so terse. I am a paying customer who has bought many of your products and it is a compliment to your work that I am actually looking forward to the version 2 release.

Andrew Dixon

Well written response Andrew  ;)

andrew I understand what you are saying, but ORBX are constantly asked for dates, and their common response now is done when its done. I would suggest it should be read as teh generic response more than an attack on your good self :)

I think the friendly 'wink' at the end of John's post says it all.

Yep, the wink was a modifier - shows how difficult it is to strike the right tone in non face to face communication.  ORBX is in business to sell a great product , and a request for product information from a client is a potential sale and best answered politely, particularly when not face to face, as misunderstandings can so easily occur and result in business going elsewhere.  ;)

It must be difficult to be patient when constantly asked ... "are we there yet?'

And yet because of the ORBX policy of answering Forum questions, John has to respond to yet another "when?"

I have seen those requests for YBBN, YSSY, PNW and previously for all of the released ORBX products.

Lets accept that John will announce releases at the appropriate time and to accept his default answer of "done when its done"

We are only distracting him from getting the next release ready - whatever it is and when ever it is.

The purpose of support Forums, including this Freeware Support Forum, is to ask questions. That's all Andrew did and frankly it was a reasonable and fair question.

Paul

It must be difficult to be patient when constantly asked ... "are we there yet?'

And yet because of the ORBX policy of answering Forum questions, John has to respond to yet another "when?"

I have seen those requests for YBBN, YSSY, PNW and previously for all of the released ORBX products.

Lets accept that John will announce releases at the appropriate time and to accept his default answer of "done when its done"

We are only distracting him from getting the next release ready - whatever it is and when ever it is.

G'day BennyHill,

Business can sure be frustrating, particularly answering distracting questions ad infinitum.  ;)

Given the genesis of ORBX in the freeware world it is understandable that there would be a different attitude to these questions stemming from the fact that freeware products are gratis.

On moving into the commercial endeavour of a product for sale, there is no business without customers, so the attitude to the user and potential user must change to one of a valuable future supporter of your business, where a customer question (no matter how irksome or time consuming) must be answered with good grace, and should this answer give rise to a complaint, the business principle involved is that first and foremost the customer receives an immediate apology.

It is apparent that as yet, despite the tremendous and appreciated effort being expended by the ORBX team, that the necessary change in attitude is not yet complete, hence this thread. Which way ORBX chooses to move is entirely up to ORBX, but customer relations is a survival imperative that requires an equally tremendous effort to the development of product.

I will not be making further comment on this subject, but hope the friendly illustration of a perceived weakness has sown a seed which may flourish or at least give pause for thought in future.  :)

• 3 months later...

Very nice answer Bill I take it you haven't been to many fine Parisien restaurants then where service is carp but the product is devine.

Also note that the answer is in the Freeware support forum  ;)

PS note the wink smiley as well  ;D

The AI Pack V2 is pretty much finished but we're still chasing a few black prop issues. We'd have released it a while back but we're sort of quite busy putting the finishing touches to YCNK and also prepping for the release of the SP3 downloadable patch.

I can fully understand the question about when it will be released; rest assured it will be soon and you'll enjoy the enormous amount of work which has been put into V2 by Mal Walker and the team.

With regards to Orbx needing to mature in its customer relations, we have made conscious efforts over the past month to be less confrontational and more polite in our answers and response to customer critique. Indeed I have taken a back seat and deferred many answers to other members of the Orbx team who are, shall we say, less teutonic in their replies and a little more softer in doing so. If this is not apparent, then we apologise and can but cite our training wheels in that respect ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived