FTX Central,Textures problem

kiwi stu

Hi Developers.
Any help appreciated before i resort to a full reinstall.
About 80 percent of the time when i am changing regions in Central i get

ClearBackup Acess to the path d;\FSX\ORBX\SCRIPTS]BACKUP\restore.bat is denied
Central also hangs when this is displayed causing me to just close it and start again.

My textures and autogen are extremely slow to load and all the city areas just dont look right at all..the buildings are not there
and the displayed urban area is quite dull..i think maybe i am only seeing the photo real component of the citys ?

This happens in full fat and just global areas.
I havnt loaded anything sinister,,it just starting happening 2 days ago.
The attached screenshot is downwind at Canberra to land at RWY35.You cant really see the urban area too well at all..and the auto gen is flashing and shimmering.Basically its a real mess as you can see.

FPS is not what it should be also so there is something going on. 

YD2VF.jpg
click to enlarge

I use Nvidia Inspector and have not touched any of my FSX or NI settings in months so its not a setting issue.
Cheers Stu

yep..running as admim.

at work at the mo..how do I check what my read write permissions are ??

Right mouse click on the folder (or file) ... then the "General" tab. Untick the "Read-only" box then "Apply". Window usually gets this all wrong. Then go to the "Security" tab and check that your User and Administrator accounts have "Full Control".

I must admit I've never had to do this on my Win7x64 system - but it's worth you having a look.

Adam.

oh..ok Adam..yeah..i know that one..

ill check in the morning when I home from work

don't see how any of those settings could have changed..i don't even run system updates on my FSX rig..nothing gets in !!..ha ha

but hey..we are talking computers..ill check..

thanks mate

stu

Hi Stu, for you that have the issue intermittently we'd need more informations on when it happens. The next time you get that error message don't close the window but rather switch to Windows Explorer and check whether the restore.bat file actually exists in \ORBX\Scripts\Backup\ and, if it does, whether its Read-only attribute is set or not (right-click on file > Properties > "General" tab > Attributes > "Read-only" checkbox). Please let us know what you find.

Hi Stu, for you that have the issue intermittently we'd need more informations on when it happens. The next time you get that error message don't close the window but rather switch to Windows Explorer and check whether the restore.bat file actually exists in \ORBX\Scripts\Backup\ and, if it does, whether its Read-only attribute is set or not (right-click on file > Properties > "General" tab > Attributes > "Read-only" checkbox). Please let us know what you find.

Hi Mauriaio

So I opened FTX Central and tried switching regions and got the error straight away.

Not quite sure how to follow your instructions though.

What i have done is left click start then type in the search bar  \ORBX\Scripts\Backup\ and hit enter

The response i got to this is Windows cannot find  \ORBX\Scripts\Backup\.Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again

Not sure if i have done it correctly though.

I will await your response

cheers stu

Right mouse click on the folder (or file) ... then the "General" tab. Untick the "Read-only" box then "Apply". Window usually gets this all wrong. Then go to the "Security" tab and check that your User and Administrator accounts have "Full Control".

I must admit I've never had to do this on my Win7x64 system - but it's worth you having a look.

Adam.

Thanks Adam..checked all, and all is as it should be..thanks mate

stu

This is the info in the FTX Central unhandled exception popup i get..it says its an unhandled exception then this text.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.IOException: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)

at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)

at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)

at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)

at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.CopyBuildRestoreBat()

at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.ApplyRegionChanges()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.Apply()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.lblApplyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

FTXCentral

Assembly Version: 1.0.4.3

Win32 Version: 1.0.4.3

CodeBase: file:///D:/FSX/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/FTXCentral.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

xzyzu5kp

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

yyawu1u_

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hope this helpss you......and me

Hi Stu, with the instructions i meant open internet explorer and write in the url the directory \ORBX\Scripts\Backup\ to check if the file restore.bat is there, anyway you found another way, right too :)

So you have the restore.bat file in the correct place and it seems that its attribute is ok.

Generally some odd FTX central behaviour can be corrected installing the latest libraries, i don't know if you have them updated, i would try this solution first.

Then if you can't fix the issue please try this: go to ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions and delete the LastAppliedConfig.ftx file and see how it goes.

Thanks  Maurizio.

Thanks for your help and info.

I will try your solutions and see how I go.

you can close this thread off  as active now I think ...I have enough to go on and if I cant fix it ill do a reinstall.

thanks for your time

cheers stu

Archived