EGHI Southampton install issue

norfolk mike

I went for a full re-install of FSX, FTX regions and airports, and whilst adding the EU Airports I hit a snag. I didn't know which airfield was responsible because I didn't run FSX until after I'd installed them all. So, I deleted everything, including FSX and started again, only this time I ran FSX and FTX Central after each install.

Southampton appears to be the culprit, and the symptoms are exactly as I experienced the first time around. I previously had all airfields working without problem, so maybe an incompatibility with the latest library or EU England patch 4?

It looks as though something is deleting Custom.au dds files from the Scripts folder as I'm getting a report popup suggesting several custom.au files no longer exist after the Southampton install. I also have an Oceania icon in Central even though I haven't got Australia or New Zealand installed. I'm guessing they are shared textures from Global?

Anyway. Any pointers on how to correct the problem as I don't want to go for a third install if I can avoid it?

Hi

I had this problem and the undernoted fix was supplied by Ed Correia.

'Southampton shipped out with a region file for Australia by mistake, so those without Australia installed would of seen that error.
It was fixed by installing the latest Orbxlibs or btw manually deleting the australia.rgn file. It islocated in the ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions folder.'

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Ian

Thanks Ian.

I did install the latest library after each airport install just to pinpoint the culprit. Previously I'd installed six or seven EU England airfields and then ran the library last, but obviously that gave no clue to which airfield was causing the problem.

In fact I have both the Australian and New Zealand regions, but I'm in two minds whether to install them or not. I'm guessing that doing so would also resolve the issue?

My Southampton isn't a fresh download, but an earlier release version stored on my drive, so what you say about it erroneously containing AU files sounds likely, and that  the latest download of Southampton is probably clean. Meaning that the very latest library doesn't contain the "fix"?

I will now manually delete the file as per your advise. I'll report back ^-^.

In edit: No reported errors and the Oceania icon now gone, so problem swiftly and effectively resolved! I guess I hadn't experienced the error with the same version of Southampton in my initial install because I did have the Australia and New Zealand regions at that time.

Cheers, Mike.

Archived