Giant trees on approach FTX EU England

Dreamsofwings1

Hi all, sorry if this has already been answered. Having just installed FTX EU England for the first time I am finding that on approach to several airfields e.g. Blackbushe, White Waltham, Farnborough, there are enormous trees on approach, sometimes even obscuring the PAPI. In some cases it requires coming in above the glideslope and then doing a C130 style STOL dive once the trees are past.

Can anyone advise? I've updated it from v3 on new install to V4 but still getting this issue.

This is one of the best scenery add-ons I've ever purchased and I love it but for these pesky trees threatening to whip off me dangly undercarriage bits.

• 10 months later...

Hi Wolter, sorry for delay in replying!

As you can see from first image, quite close to threshold, all whites on the PAPI and trees just waiting to tickle the undercarriage.

Just purchased the Scotland scenery and its beautiful! Now running this on FSX Steam edition and performance is amazing.

ORBXEUENGLANDBLACKBUSHE358152.jpg

ORBXEUENGLANDBLACKBUSHE148fa6.jpg

ORBXEUENGLANDBLACKBUSHE213601.jpg

Just thinking, is there a way to reduce the size of autogen? Not the density but the actual size.

Has anyone else had this problem or is it some quirk of my setup?

Orbx FTX scenery such a massive improvement on default, just want to get this fixed so I can practice circuits at Blackbushe :)

Thanks Doogles, once again your help is very much appreciated my friend. That has certainly helped a great deal as you can see from the images below. Can now shoot a correct glide path with correct PAPI indication and there is only a small amount of tree interference :)

Would be great if there was another version of the lumberjack that cleared out even further. I have used level 5 below and set it as Number 1 priority on scenery library (couldn't get it to wok until I made that final adjustment)

ORBXEUBLACKBUSHELUMBER51.jpg

ORBXEUBLACKBUSHELUMBER52.jpg

Archived