Trees on all runways since I installed Pacific North West

bcrawley57

I have most Orbx products,

Global Base, FTX Global, Vectors and EU LC as well as England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand South and North and several airports.  All installed really well to date.  I installed Pacific NW this morning and now I have trees on nearly every airport I visit,  although of course I can't fly.

I downloaded vectors in an attempt to auto correct incase that was the issue, but no, still trees every where.

What information do you require to help me fix it?

Order numbers for Orbx Products are;

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

FSS0311469

FSS0307534

FSS0303932

FSS0301606 LC

FSS0295798

FSS0295725

FSS0291393

FSS0290732

FSS0290146

And? No result? Installed with the NA active in the FTX Central? If not, jiggle regions back and forth... Do you have GEX or any other add-on installed, which can interfere with the PNW? Global Base, FTX Global, Vectors and EU LC have no impact on PNW nor has the Vector airport elevation tool. Those packages should be below the ORBX region packs though. PNW has its own mesh built in. Perhaps a screen shot of your scenery config may be helpful. And make sure you've installed all the service packs and the LATEST library last.

In the end I have rolled my PC back 48 hours and re-installed the UK updates, after I had rolled back airports etc were missing...Gamston as an example.  But the trees had gone.  Also when I used the provided uninstaller for the NWP free version it did seem to do it extremely quickly which makes me fear it had perhaps not uninstalled correctly.  I am now afraid to install NWP again incase I encounter the same issue :(

Please advise, is it possible that a poor uninstall of NWP freeware would cause the tree issue.

Oh I only use Rex 4 for textures.

By the way I really do love your products they make this simulation much better.  Please keep supporting our hobby :)

Brian

FSS0311469

FSS0307534

FSS0303932

FSS0301606 LC

FSS0295798

FSS0295725

FSS0291393

FSS0290732

FSS0290146

In the end I have rolled my PC back 48 hours and re-installed the UK updates, after I had rolled back airports etc were missing...Gamston as an example.  But the trees had gone.  Also when I used the provided uninstaller for the NWP free version it did seem to do it extremely quickly which makes me fear it had perhaps not uninstalled correctly.  I am now afraid to install NWP again incase I encounter the same issue :(

Please advise, is it possible that a poor uninstall of NWP freeware would cause the tree issue.

Oh I only use Rex 4 for textures.

Maybe we're talking different things here... What kind of "NWP" freeware you actually have? Is it the PNW demo package? In such case you should have posted in the Freeware Support section... Or do you have problem with - ? England regional pack? OLC? Vector or what??

In any case - similar "problems" were discussed here many times before. It pays to look through the forums first and then post a clear question (sorry for sounding a bit impatient here). I was suggesting you post a screen shot (if you don't know how to go about it, please read this: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/45944-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/ ) of your scenery library from the FSX > settings > Scenery Library. It is really difficult to guess what who has all installed where and how. In any case the installer puts everything where it should be. When there is some anomaly after the installation has completed it is usually due to some other add-ons interfering or placed in the wrong place, typically above ORBX products or some other odd installation processes or errors. There is a Compatibility Forum here as well...

In the Scenery Library settings you've got clearly the option to untick whatever and have a look, whether your "problem" is gone. If you have the PNW demo, you can untick it and see, what happened to your trees as well. Just a suggestion... :)

To uninstall the demo you can just delete the folder from the FSX root directory. If there is an uninstaller supplied, use it - even better.

REX 4 textures are of no consequence whatsoever.

The problem was installing the PNW pay ware package.  I had previously the Demo version ready for a VA flying club event and thought I might as well pay for the full region given how good it is.  It is my intention to cover the globe in Orbx.  I used the uninstall for PNW demo, but it seemed to uninstall really quickly.

Please excuse my ignorance, is the scenery config file that you wish to see the one in the Programme Data/Microsoft/FSX folder?

The only other software other than Orbx is 12 UK2000 Extreme Airports.

Kind regards,

Brian

Hi Brian:

I was looking for (not saying that I would be the one able to help you) for the screen shot (shots) of your scenery library in FSX. Start FSX, go to Settings (down from Free Flight) > Scenery Library and you get Settings - Scenery Library screen with the listing of your library files. They have to be in a certain order so FSX can display them as intended. You may have to take a few screen shots depending how many of the add-ons you've got installed.

In my case for ex. the first three are OZx files, then followed by FTXAA_AIRPORTS, then FTXAA_ORBXLIBS etc.

If you've purchased the PNW region pack, download it via a download manager together with the patches 005 and 008 and latest libraries:

https://www.fullterrain.com/support, unzip wit a non-windows unzip utility and run the installer. Then install the patches, then the latest libraries. It cannot go wrong! :)

I have got the scenery installed now.  From the air it looks good.  However the first airfield I have started from 5WA8 Hogans corner just shows as a green rectangle with 1 hut a wind sock and two trees and is totally out of keeping with the rest of the surrounding scenery.  Any initial thoughts on that one please?

My colleagues in the flying club see much more detail.  Everything outside the rectangle looks food including vector waves etc.  The rectangle most likely is the whole airfield.

Hi there,

set your insertion point in FTX Central so that it points to "ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1" (Tools > Scenery Library Configuration > FTX Scenery Library Insertion Points). That will shift the entire block of "FTX_..." entries to a position just below your UK2000 entries and above the OpenLC entries. Currently, the FTX block sits too low and thus the PNW components get overwritten by the Global Vector and OpenLC -- you want the more detailed FTX regions and airports at higher display priority than the less detailed Vector and OpenLC.

Cheers, Holger

Thank you as always for your swift response, if this works I am going to get the remaining regional areas of America and Australia.

Just going to check if the recommended change has worked for PNW after a current flight I am doing in Europe.  Scenery looks fine in Europe.

Two questions please;

Can you see from the scenery list above if the previously installed scenery packs 1 to 17 for North America are showing, could that also be a factor if they are missing after the restore.

Secondly, is there any detriment to just keeping FSX Central set at Global, or should we really select the current region?

Success!!   USA scenery looks good now, I can actually see runways etc now and the scenery looks good.  Even the lights around the airfield are working at dawn.  :)

Is it possible just to answer my two last questions above please.  Time to get more installed :)

Hi Brian:

Glad you've got it sorted out! :)

This may be of interest, too: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

It looks like you have the free airports installed as well.

If you have FTX Central set to "Global" and "hybrid" ticked, the results should be about the same. Just some autogen may be more generic than in the region packs. But it is recommended to select the correct region if you've got the region packs installed. Of course you want to have it set this way if you're flying from a region pack into an OLC area (or just with Global textures). Example - from UK to continental Europe.

Archived