Flying to KMRY

Flew up to Monterey (KMRY) on Friday for a family visit; it happened to be the weekend of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, which for the layperson, is the most prestigious automotive exposition in the whole world.  As such, there were a plethora of business jets: Dassaults, Gulfstreams, Citations, etc.  Today (Saturday) KMRY ground said there were 70 jets on the field.  We parked at Del Monte Aviation, where there were 25-30 GA planes, and a King Air 300 looked like a poor man's plane.  Del Monte also had a G450 registered to the Royal Family of Bahrain, as well as a private 757-200.

Here are some pictures, thought you might enjoy real-world KMRY.  The plane is a 1964 Beechcraft Baron B55.

IK7wT.jpg

YhTy7.jpg

WB2jX.jpg

Plh.jpg

HX6Tf.jpg

Leaving on Saturday:

0uVpO.jpg

NO36V.jpg

Great pics. Thanks. I got my PPL from Del Monte Aviation at KMRY in 1959. Lived in Monterey until 1964. How the times have changed....

Doug

I forgot this part....PPL cost in those days...The Cessna course was USD $620. Indeed, the times have changed.....

Doug

I am very jealous of your flight there PJC, and your shots are just stunning. As a funny coincidence, the source aerial imagery I used was taken on another one of these weekends, with a similar amount of luxury aircraft parked on the various ramps. This was the big reason why I included so many static corporate aircraft in the scenery, to reflect this aspect a little bit - in fact that B757 was added based on a  couple of specific photos taken on that weekend a couple of years ago that I came across :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived