Iceland Demo with update, runway missing texture!

P I C

Iceland Demo with update?

Where to get this?

As far as I know is the free "Orbx Iceland Demo" not yet updated and is not on the same level as the payware version of openLC Europe.

Friends told me that these problems are gone with the payware version of openLC Europe.

Iceland Demo with update?

Where to get this?

As far as I know is the free "Orbx Iceland Demo" not yet updated and is not on the same level as the payware version of openLC Europe.

Friends told me that these problems are gone with the payware version of openLC Europe.

They issued a patch on June 3rd which was suppose to fix the missing runways. It did for a while but now they are missing in some airports. I just flew BIIS today and it is the same as yours with no runway texture.

Do you have any other FTX titles installed and if so which ones.

are we talking FTX or P3D v ?

No other titles. I'm using the correct Demo. 3D, with all the updates. Now BIIS has the same texture as the image above I posted.

They issued a patch on June 3rd which was suppose to fix the missing runways.

That's correct, the Iceland Demo update to v 1.10 is dated Aug. 3rd.2014, but....

I reported my (similar) Iceland demo problems  already June 19:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80317-ground-texture-problems-after-iceland-update/

Those problems were confirmed by users in the German forum.

On a friend's computer I had the chance to compare my Iceland demo v 1.10 files with those ones he got  with the openLC Europe payware version.

Result: There's a huge difference. Also while he was setting an aircraft to different airports in the Iceland scenery for demonstrating purposes, I could see that all problems I experienced and  I'd seen in this forum on the many postings have disappeared. The Iceland scenery looks great this way.

I'm persuaded that most reported Iceland Demo scenery problems we could read here are only based on the Demo version!

As long as the Iceland demo version isn't the same as the payware version you will not succeed to get the scenery/airports displayed correctly. 

Some users were quite frustrated and deinstalled the demo already.

So I wonder if the Iceland demo version will ever get an update (1.20?)

Thanks. Iceland is the only place I fly so I appreciate all the work you put into it!. Great product at an even better price. Much better than Iceland X I was using in the past.

P I C

• 2 weeks later...

I had a few days away from the yoke and pedals. Didn't add or delete anything. Flew from Gremsy BIGR to Akureyi BIAR and the missing part of the runway was there. What a mystery?

• 2 weeks later...

I see the problem I'm experiencing  isn't new and others have experienced that same.   On approach to some Iceland airfields, the runway markings disappear as you get closer.  I recently had this happen at BIHK.  Then when landing, it looks like your tires have sunk into a layer of quick sand. I do have the 1.10 update also.  Attached is a photo.  Any word on a new installer as referenced above?  

Cheers,

Jerry

cBtf.png

• 1 month later...
There will be a new installer made that will make the Iceland demo the same as what's included in the openLC package, but that's going to be a couple of weeks away.

(Ed Correia, posting #7)

Well, waiting now a couple of weeks now (close to 8  )  and I wonder if we can expect the above promised updated demo-Iceland-installer soon?

Sorry, you'll need to wait longer.

We are re-working FTX Central and one of the main issues is how the OLC entries move above FTX Region/Airport entries.

We need to resolve this issue (which will rear its ugly head with the Iceland Demo) before any further updates.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not intending to beat a dead horse but after installing the lastest V2 update, Iceland demo and it's update, some runways are still dissapearing. I don't have trouble with BIHN but do with BIRF. You're not alone Jerry.

Thanx.

PIC

• 3 months later...

I don't want to start a new thread for this, but I just downloaded the Iceland demo, and have this same problem at BIHK.  Is there a fix on the horizon?

This will make me think twice about buying Global if this is a widespread issue that pops up with other airports throughout the world.

• 1 month later...
There will be a new installer made that will make the Iceland demo the same as what's included in the openLC package

Promised nearly more than 6 months ago  -  and still waiting!

Where is the problem to add just to these new ~60 small updated files and publish the new version. Can be done in minutes.

Archived