Space for P3D and add-ons........

Today I installed some photo-scenery for my P3d v2. This is what I have Installed so far of add-ons.

EVERYTHiNG from ORBX P3D v2 ready.

FSGlobal Ultimate

REX Texture Direct

Active SkyNext for P3D

TopCat

Aerosoft PFP

Avilasoft EFB

Complete Spain Photo Scenery

NL2000

ALL of Swedish freeware + SwedenDesign (I´m a BETA tester, it´s also freeware)

ALL of Norway freeware

Most important add-ons of Danish freeware and some payware.

Tongas Fjords + 3-4 smaller Airports in Europe

This totals about 519 GB!!!!!!! I still have a lot of ORBX sceneries coming in the near future to install.

Why am I telling you this? Well all of you planning to invest in an SSD smaller tha 512 GB....... forget it. It might be enough for now but in a very short time you will run into trouble.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I agree Jack. Space is becoming a real problem. I just ordered a 1TB Western Digital Velociraptor to replace a 500GB Samsung SSD. I originally had a 250GB Velociraptor which I replaced with the SSD. Other than initial load times the SSD performed no better with FSX or P3D that the 10,000 rpm HHDs. I would really encourage folks to look at available HDD options as the cost factor is so favorable and the performance loss so small as compared to a SSD.

Doug

"an SSD is a waste of money if it´s ONLY for FS."

agree in todays environment but wait for P3D and lots of scenery and realism data to process and  display and you will see that if you cannot get that data fast enough from the disk to memory the CPU cannot process it and neither. the GPU..

Jorge

Archived