ftx v vfr

Johncc

A few days ago  I uninstalled all of my ftx stuff and put in vfr uk plus the 3 airporst to cover all of england and wales. Once installed, got in my DC3 at RAF Coningsby and taxied out First think I noticed was all the Typhoons parked dam near hit one or two of them. Got to the end of the runway and notice that there was a lot of water about. Anyway took off flew to Humberside once again noticing the new lakes in lincolnshire. Imagine my surprise to find that Humberside had also become an island and that the Humber bridge was no longer a suspension bridge and that the nearby oil refineries had vanished. So much for photographic scenery. So it all got uninstalled. This morning I have installed ftx Europe England & Europe wales plus ftx Global base. All looks and runs well So here is a big thumbs up to ftx.

But is there anything that would make it any better like patches or the like. I am expecting vector to be delivered soon. Oh forgat to mention the airports in vfr are fantasicly real. But I gues I cant run vfr airports with my ftx, can I. So what do you experienced simmers recomend I do to get the best possible experience of flying my beloved DC3 in england and wales.

John

You probably can fly your beloved DC3 over FTX England, from (and into) the UK2000 series of VFR airfields. I know that volume 1 is now at version 2, and that has been made to blend more harmoniously with FTX England, and volumes 2 and 3 will follow, in time. The Airfield Construction Group's Coningsby works well within FTX England too, but you'll need to disable the FTX Enhanced version of Coningsby if you don't wish to see doubled up control towers etc. The ACG Coningsby also has a 'Battle of Britain Memorial Flight' AI package, so by removing the AI Dakota, you'll have a full BBMF accompaniment for your own DC3! If you haven't got the ACG Duxford, then get it! It makes for a great air show destination, and if you remove the 6 photo real bgl's it blends really nicely with FTX England as well as then supporting 'season change'.

As for the glitches in your VFR Photo Scenery, I've not experienced that, even though I frequently overfly Lincolnshire using the aforementioned photo real. Maybe you didn't install the vectors folder, or had it sequenced incorrectly? I know something went badly amiss with mine when I tried to manually install UTX into P3D V1:4, creating large bodies of water along the south coast, so possibly just a VFR vectors foul up in your case.

Thanks for that. Yes Duxford would be really nice as I have flow at Duxford in real life at an air display (flying legends 2014) in a Tiger Moth Ok it was a trail flying lesson but I flew the length of the airfield. Problem with me is I dont know how to diable things in FSX. I wondered wether uninstalling everything and having Prepar 3D might be the answer to my quest for realism But I dont know how to buy Prepar

John

Greetings John,

Just do an internet search for "Lockheed Martin Prepar3D" . That will provide you with the links you need, unfortunately it is a "DOWNLOAD ONLY" product. It also comes with a 30 or 60 day money back guarantee, so you'd only be out the download time if you don't like it for whatever reason.

Respectfully,

Brian

Just so you know: Vector won't change anything in FTX England and Wales. And nor does Global. So if you only fly in England and Wales, you might as well skip those. They both will however transform everything outside of FTX regions so if you plan to fly out of England or Wales you will be very happy with both.. Just don't expect Vector to improve the regions!

Hi John,

I have all 3 uk2000 airfield packages working in ftx England and wales, also the ACG[Airfield Construction Group] Duxford. All are fine .In addition the uk2000 fields also work okay in P3d if you decide to go that route.

regards Reg.

Archived