PAEN requests

mtn1794

PAEN is great, but I'd like to suggest two improvements; one in particular is important I think.

1. A beacon would be nice - I'm not seeing one at night.

2. The bigger issue for me is AI disappearing after they land due  to lack of parking.  In checking the AFCAD for PAEN I saw very, very little parking, and when I created more just to see what would happen, the AI did not disappear because they had a place to park.  This would seem to be a very easy fix.

Thank you,

MTN1794

FSS0255750

The hotfix did not change parking allocations.  Parking is still extremely limited as it was before.  From reading the forum before I posted, I think this hotfix addressed other's concerns that they were handed off to the ground controller while still on the active runway.  The hotfix worked in that respect.  Thanks though for the consideration.  No fix for my issues yet.  MTN1794

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if it's generally understood or is policy that an airport is alotted one fix if it needs one and then is presented "as is" from then on.  I see updates for those done in the last year or so only go to update .110 and no further.  Older updates (over 1-2 years ago) show more than one was updated several times. 

My question is this: Is it the norm now to give an airport one update if needed and then move on to creating new ones where the new revenue is?

The reason I'm asking is because two requests for additional parking (which I do believe is important for anyone interested in watching or interacting with AI) and a beacon at PAEN haven't gotten anywhere, and I see a trend generally.  For further purchases, I think this is good information for me and others to consider.

MTN1794 FSS0255750

HI mtn1794,

I'll see what I can do to add parking for PAEN (and a beacon if it's not there).  This is Russ White's airport so I'll need to ask permission from him and get any ideas he has.  The default FSX PAEN had over 60 parking spots so the default AI files sends loads of aircraft there.  The payware version is much more realistic and hasn't room for near that much parking.

Cheers, Neil

Thank you Neil.  The payware PAEN had about 6-8 parking spaces, and at first I couldn't figure out why my AI kept disappearing after landing.  I figured it out, but your answer is a very helpful one!  I'm thankful for the response, and I affirm I do enjoy FTX products very much.  MTN1794 

PS - Just in case more parking is added, I went on Google Maps and counted 56 parked aircraft (and some empty parking sites) at PAEN.

Hi again,

Unfortunately you cannot just add parking spaces willy-nilly as they shouldn't be parking over (or going through) the static a/c that are there.  I've added 20 more parking spots and when I put GA traffic to 100% on the slider they immediately filled.  You will need to limit GA traffic some as FSX has really loaded up PAEN.  I also placed a working beacon.  The files are being tested to make sure I didn't break anything, look for them soon.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Again,

I've attached a folder with files that are to go into: ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_PAEN/Scenery to replace the ones with the same names.  This will supply 20 add'l parking spaces and a working beacon.  Please try these and let me know if they work OK.  Don't set GA traffic density to 100% or all the parking spaces will be filled up.

Cheers, Neil

PAEN revised for parking, beacon.zip

Just gave it a try.  Traffic is much improved with the increased parking.  That's a big plus.  Also, the rotating beacon is really the finishing touch.  It's very useful and adds that authentic touch; especially at night.  Thanks again.  MTN1794

Archived