Generic call "via taxiway" at PAJN and PAEN

billhuntsman

I don't have this product, but most likely reason is that the taxiways have not been given a designator (A, B, C etc) in the design. You can fix this yourself with freeware tool Airport Design Editor. It's relatively easy to use, but there is a learning curve..

Thank you for your suggestion.  There are certainly plenty of lettered taxiway signs at both airports.  Given the amount of detail put into this airport, I am surprised if the taxiways have not been given a designation unless it is something about how the runway surface itself has been designed.

• 1 month later...

Hi Bill,

I'm sorry I missed this thread.  This is fixable and it's my bad.  I normally make sure all taxiways have the correct designation but with doing airports like PAJN for Russ it's all done with links and I didn't think to add the designators.

I'll update PAJN and get the files back to Russ for the next service pack (SP).

Cheers, Neil

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

since using the hotfix PAJN_ADEX.BGL , 01.04.2014, instead of the original file, 21.10.2013,

several taxiway signs are doubled and misplaced, please see pic.

Going back to the original file definetly corrects this visual prob.

The sense of the hotfix was another one, see the top mail. Therefor I hope both issues could be corrected in the future.

Wulf

b8GhN.jpg

wulfbindewald,

I fixed the issue by adding an .off to the end of ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN.BGL in the  Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery directory. Not sure if this is a permenent fix as it may break again with the next update to SAK.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Archived