OLC library point, is this correct?

I may be playing a dipstick role here, so forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere. I have just performed a reinstall of FSX due to several BSODs. Things have gone fine, thanks to Acronis. However, I am a little confused. I have just finished my Orbx installation with OLC, and while everything appears OK in the Orbx folder inside FSX, for some reason, I'm unsure whether it looks correct in the library, as it looks very similar to how it appeared prior to installing OLC. Can someone please confirm that this is OK, thanks.   EDIT: I can confirm that LC is absolutely not working in FSX, bare and desert like areas compared to the previous installation with OLC. I can also add that OLC is showing in the FTX central as 'products installed.' But it ain't working and not showing in the library. Help appreciated. Thanks fellas...

qlwv8.jpg

In fsx Scenery library you should have ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE #1-10

have you installed libs?

Hope your well Howard? old friend

Kind regards

Dave.

Hiya Dave, haven't seen you around for a while, saw you pop in the other day. Hope you're well. As for this conundrum, yup, libs installed and FTX toggled. Something else has now happened as there is now an error in the scenery library!!!

nqHf2.jpg

Looks like adding the OLC manually to the library has paid off. Very, very strange why I had to do this though. In all the years I've been using Orbx sceneries, this is the first time I've had a problem. Anyway, looks like it's OK.

Hi Howard, after the installation of one of the OLC installers, did FTX Central open afterwards? 

Also, in the ORBX\Scripts folder, there should be a file called "AddOLCSceneryLibEntries.bat". This should of run post install as well (you might or might not have seen a DOS box open up). That BAT file should of added the entries for you, so all I can assume is that it did not run for you (maybe a Antivirus setting??).

Are you also using the Insertion feature of FTX Central? Just curious as I think the OLC entries may find their way to the top, where they shouldn't be, that's all.

Howard, you got PM's turned off on here and AVSIM? Both will not let you receive any PM's.

Anyway there was not much "private" in it. So sod it I will post it here :)

-------

Hi Howard,

Just read you sorted your Open class out. I think you have always have the fsx install curse.

O well. Good to see you around. I don't have great hopes of my new PC bringing any real change in fsx but will be nice running W7 of a SSD and bought a 1TB SSD for fsx. Thinking ahead bought a 250 SSD for P3D not installing that for a few months. With P3D in mind I went for a gtx780 with 6GB.

Anyway I really only enjoy PMDG 737 and 777 so thinking of just Global-vector-OLC and photoreal for USA. With lots of euro/USA airports addons.

Hope the reinstall all went well for you in the end Howard? Glad to see your still enjoying our odd hobby :) I watch your HOTAS Warthog vid on youtube the other night, thought must give Howard a shout :)

Good to see you around mate.

Kind regards

Dave.

Hi Ed:

Hi Howard, after the installation of one of the OLC installers, did FTX Central open afterwards?  Yes it did.

Also, in the ORBX\Scripts folder, there should be a file called "AddOLCSceneryLibEntries.bat". This should of run post install as well (you might or might not have seen a DOS box open up). There is that file present in the scripts folder and yes a Dos box did show up for a couple of seconds at the final stage of running each of the exe's.

Are you also using the Insertion feature of FTX Central? Just curious as I think the OLC entries may find their way to the top, where they shouldn't be, that's all. I use the freeware scenery configurator and have moved the OLC entries to the bottom of the Orbx tree, just below Vector, which is where I believe they should reside, is that correct Ed? Anyway, thimngs seem to be OK. Thanks for your input Ed, appreciated.

Howard, you got PM's turned off on here and AVSIM? Both will not let you receive any PM's.

Anyway there was not much "private" in it. So sod it I will post it here :)

-------

Hi Howard,

Just read you sorted your Open class out. I think you have always have the fsx install curse.

O well. Good to see you around. I don't have great hopes of my new PC bringing any real change in fsx but will be nice running W7 of a SSD and bought a 1TB SSD for fsx. Thinking ahead bought a 250 SSD for P3D not installing that for a few months. With P3D in mind I went for a gtx780 with 6GB.

Anyway I really only enjoy PMDG 737 and 777 so thinking of just Global-vector-OLC and photoreal for USA. With lots of euro/USA airports addons.

Hope the reinstall all went well for you in the end Howard? Glad to see your still enjoying our odd hobby :) I watch your HOTAS Warthog vid on youtube the other night, thought must give Howard a shout :)

Good to see you around mate.

Kind regards

Dave.

Hi matey, glad you like the YT vid, amazing to think that it's had something like 90,000+ hits! FSX seems to be running OK now, for some reason I had a number of BSODs and it was easier, reather than faffing around, to reinstall my last Acronis backup. It still entailed some reinstalling of sceneries and stuff, but it seems to be OK, fingers crossed. Let us know how you get on with your new rig. As for my PM turned off for messages.. ??? Not sure, as I've had a look in my settings and can't see anything anywhere that allows me to do such a thing anyway. Any idea?

EDIT: Ahh, it seems my PM folder was full, so I've just spent the last ten minutes clearing it out! Should be OK now...

Archived