Jacksons PNG Bush Strips

Light

Hi . Very pleased with depiction of all bush strips on Kokoda track but occassionally my Carenado C 185 will go thru the strip{randomly} after a good slow landing as per the book. I am an ex charter pilot from PNG in the 70"s.

Is this correctable. I suspect a mesh problem and am running Holgers,Pilots ultimate oceanic and PIS.

Hope you can help.  The strips are amazingly real. Havent pranged yet. Thanks

Thanks Tim. Ref the Kokoda Track strips.  I have Jacksons Orb 088 Order Nr 300851  and FTX Global  Orb 727  Order Nr 300864 both purchased thru Flightsim store.

Further to my query I was landing on ist third of the strips and occasionally   when taxying up to the top parking area the aircraft would fall thru.  No crash and you can get out of it by Shift plus P. .

Only thing I can think of is a mesh conflict or slow to load?

You have mesh set to 5m?

The PIS might be causing it, try disabling all add-on scenery for Oceania etc and just leave the AYPY add-on active.

I've landed multiple times at each strip and never had a problem.

Thanks for adding your order number!, your support is appreciated greatly

Use the freeware PNG Holgermesh with: Mesh complexity slider 100% and Mesh detail level 5m

And for best scenery blending (photoreal color matching and autogen) use it along with the FTXglobal - base pack http://www.fullterrain.com/product_ftxglobal.html Set FTXcentral to [Global]

Sometimes on the very steep strips you can get stuck a little if you lose momentum and do not have sufficient power to get going again, I normally use the Slew key (Y) to unstick

(And thanks Teecee, I know you'll enjoy it)

Cheers

Tim

Thanks all. Have bin talkin to Light whose computer is down at the moment and given him your advice. We also think the mesh complexity might be the problem. I also fly regularly to these strips on FTX and cant praise them highly enough.I used to fly for real out of Mendi in the Southern Highlands. Hint hint for developers. Tanks once again.

So what are these extra bonus enhanced airstrips listed in the GE KMZ file? I assume these strips have more detail added like custom PNG vegetation, people flow and static planes or are they a total revamp of the defaults?

Enhanced, it means they have had the airport layout and background corrected, surrounding landclass touched up, some Orbxlibs and PNG objects/veg added, they also are set up to receive the custom PNG AI traffic we provide

Not custom scenery like AYPY or the kokoda track strips, more of a generic style, to give you something extra to fly to or from

• 2 weeks later...

Archived