FTX: Global openLC Europe

Hi,

I am new here on this forum.

I have installed FTX Global on my PC and then openLC Europe, but I my opinion there a some files missing.....

1. There is no EU icon in the FTX Central.

2. In the FTX Scenery Library Insertion Points there is only EU1 and 3.....

Would you please be so kind to assist me?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Harry

Orders: FSS0305332/FSS0305261

Welcome.

1. There should not be not be an EU icon.

There would only be one if you had bought and installed any

of the UK regions.

OpenLC Europe is active when FTX Central is set to Global.

2. Please look in ORBX\FTX_OLC, you should see

folders named OLC_EU1 to OLC_EU10, ten OLC_EU** folders in total

If you only see EU1 and EU3, you have only installed the

Eastern area so far, there are also Northern, Western and

Southern.

im the same as Sandbag..i just ran the exe from the unziped download and got EU1 and EU3 and nothing else.

tried downloading again and got the same.

My download from FSS when unzipped has just 1 exe application called OrbxFTXopenLC_EU_East100.exe...the size of this is

Other than that there are 4 other files called OrbxFTXopenLC_EU_East100.5 thru to 100.2 and a read my text folder.These folders do nothing when clicked on other than give me the popup..windows cant open these files..etc etc..

So where are all the 8 exe applications you are talking of ??

No wonder france looked just like global..because it was i guess.

cheers stu

Hi Harry.

Go back to your FSS download page and click on download.

When you get the page where you pick what server to use scroll down..there are 4 download files there.

I am guessing you are like me and are just so used to just picking server and downloading.

Let me know how you go

Stu

I also purchased  LC EU downloaded all four wrappers and when installed I did not see FTX Icon in the interface when it open after installation.I Continued and checked Hybrid and hit  " apply". 3 more wrapper's later and the same way of marking the FTX interface I got all EU files in the folder and in my FSX "Scenery"  section. And best of all the scenery is definitely batter . Question I have for Orbx : > In your PDF instruction file  tells as to check and uncheck regions if you only want to fly in particular region therefore in this case I lost this option . Only- Global- and -North America -icons are there. WHY//Give me the answer to that gentlemen at Orbx? ????

Regards

Doug :mellow:

You don't say what regions you own.

If you own only North American region(s), what you see

is as it should be.

OpenLC Europe is not a region, it is an extension to FTX Global

and therefore works when either Global or Global/Hybrid are selected.

Hi All,

Doug, there is confusion among many folks about the European option... Within FTXCENTRAL The Europe selection only refers to the full regions EU England, EU Ireland, EU Northern Ireland, EU Scotland And EU Wales. It DOES NOT mean the European Continent, or any other regions other than those listed.

As I said, this is a common misunderstanding and not an error in documentation- though it can be very confusing for new customers. :)

Respectfully,

Brian

Hi Brien,

Thanks for understanding and pointing out that is confusing when it comes to LC-UE . My point is that Orbx created this by not making the simple note when  pitching the product . I have used FTX from the day of t NA-North Pacific and Canada . I believe the product is very good and brings much improvement to the simulator scenery. My senior friend from Orbx  shod open the PDF on LC-EU and scroll down to pictorial section heaver it is academic issue now and I am glad that you gentlemen explained it all. Most important thing  it is working great!!!!

Retired Senior from Canada flying with simulator for 12 years

Doug 

SSD/asus  board / I7,3.5 MHz 4 core 2 channel turbo 4th generation processor/4GB AMD 920 video card DX 11.2 / 16 GB of ram and Triple Head2go with 3 monitors 144 MHz refresh rate 1 millisecond response  all glass gages/ auto pilot/ Go flight throttle and more............  

Archived