Order numbers ...any ideas?

windquest

There was a locked topic that brought to my attention something about our order numbers.  For me, I have a spread sheet with the order numbers and I keep a copy of the invoices in word format, BUT.....when we get an update as we just did, I then have to get my order number in order to go to FSS, otherwise, I can't find the download link.  I thought that FSS was supposed to notify us of updates...which, if done would eliminate the hunt and make updates almost automatic.  Something easier would be helpful. Ideas?

And BTW, I was impressed that the ORBX crew does check the order numbers and their owners and for cheaters.....they get banned...Good job Alex!

For me the problem on the FSS website is more to find my product I want to download again... I made 106 purchases and when it's for example said, that there is a triple installer released, I have to look into all my orders to find it... I would like to have a search function, so I would be able to get faster to the download...

Exactly, Finding your download on FSS requires that you know your order number.  Finding the updates is easy...most of us find the announcement on the release page...even has a link to FSS but, even if your are logged in, the best you get is a note that you have purchased the product.  I guess the simple solution is that once on the product page there is a link to the download if you already own it, or a buy button if you don't.

While I don't have as many products as you do, this represents a lot of work.  My hope is that we can find a way to make this automated or at least easier.  More flying, less tweeking.

Ben, thanks for the link....but....this is a link for all of the products, which is not the problem. I know what I own, and I know how to do a re download (this is what you do to update your already owned product) the problem is finding it at FSS easily.  

Yes Bruce, sure...But then? View my download files leads me to 16 pages of purchases. But when I - for example - want to download again WA79, then I either remember the order number, the date of purchase nor on which page it is.... Sure, I have an excel file with all my order informations but it would really be much easier, if there was a search function...

Yes Bruce, sure...But then? View my download files leads me to 16 pages of purchases. But when I - for example - want to download again WA79, then I either remember the order number, the date of purchase nor on which page it is.... Sure, I have an excel file with all my order informations but it would really be much easier, if there was a search function...

Click Show All at the top of the page do display them all on one page.

Thanks Adrain for the reply!!!! I think the issue is that you really have to have the order number to find the download quickly. It is ac quicker to look up the software in the purchase page (Orbx online) but all that says is that you have purchased the software....now if it just had a link to my file in addition to the buy button, no hunting involved. A 'sort' function for downloads would work, that way we could look up the airport, region or what ever......and again, no hunting.  I guess the reason I posted this in the first place was to see if someone had a better way, or to look for a better way.  This is getting to be quite a task the more we buy. Thanks for reading....

Okay I'll take that into consideration for a future update. But for now if you load the download file page in Show All mode and then use the Find feature of your Web browser (usually Ctrl+F) you can type part of the title to find exactly where on the page the download link is.

Hi Adrian,

thanks, "show all" and CTRL+F works - thanks for that hint!!

Stephan/Düsselwings

Archived