Installing freeware airports

Hi

After having FTX Global and PNW for a little while I have decided that I would like to install some of the excellent freeware that Orbx has made for us but before I do I want to make sure I do it right.

For Bowerman and Portland city do I need to make sure that FTX central is set to North America?

Also for the Global freeware airports do I need to set it to global?

Lastly would I then need to download and run the latests libs file?

kind regards

Darran

Greetings,

Generally speaking you are correct about the FTX Central settings for installing scenery.

You can NEVER go wrong (re)installing the latest Library files. But I believe those files are generally old enough to need them. And don't forget to run the Vector AEC utility if you see anomalies like trenches, mountains and cliffs on the airfield.

Respectfully,

Brian

• 1 year later...

Each time I download the Freeware Portland City from the ORBX site, it only has an installer for P3D v.1.  I have read that it has been updated to install in V2, but I cannot find a way to install it via the normal way I've installed everything else.  What am I missing?  Can you direct me to a site that has the V2 installer for P3D?  Thanks, Scott Freeby :)

9 hours ago, sfreeby41163 said:

Each time I download the Freeware Portland City from the ORBX site, it only has an installer for P3D v.1.  I have read that it has been updated to install in V2, but I cannot find a way to install it via the normal way I've installed everything else.  What am I missing?  Can you direct me to a site that has the V2 installer for P3D?  Thanks, Scott Freeby :)

Hi, Scott.  This thread is almost 2 years old.  You will probably get a quicker answer if you start your own, instead of piggy-backing onto this one.

Cheers!

Archived