Mt.Etna...... (Open LC Europe plus a little selfmade photoreal - lot of pics! - )

Kulbit

Here is a short flight around the Mt.Etna in Sicily, the highest active volcano in Europe.

Follow the same technique used by the Orbx team for the Vesuvius, I added a small photoreal (taken by the freeware scenery Catania X 2013) , which only covers the top of the volcano, so make the most of its unique appearance, with the summit craters, the lava desert and the constructions at the base of the peak, as the Rifugio Sapienza and the stations of the cable car. The image used is in the autumn, so there is a certain amount of snow, which in any case is not unusual to find even at certain times during the summer, due to the high altitude of the volcano (3,263 mt / 10.705 Ft).

In some pictures you can see how the photoreal integrates seamlessly with the fantastic textures of FTX Global, and the  landclass of Open LC.
I hope that the  Orbx team forgive me for this little processing, and to have it posted on the forum!
Have a nice flight!!

(Click to zoom )
the lonely giant

fsscr010.jpg

Catania city and Fontanarossa airport on the right

fsscr011.jpg

fsscr012.jpg

fsscr013.jpg

fsscr014.jpg

fsscr015.jpg

fsscr015.jpg

fsscr016.jpg

fsscr017.jpg

fsscr018.jpg

fsscr019.jpg

the main craters

fsscr020.jpg

The  large black depression in the left side of the volcano, known as 'Valle del Bove' (Valley of the Ox).

fsscr021.jpg

fsscr022.jpg

fsscr023.jpg

the road leading to Sapienza Refuge, lying at the south of the crater at elevation of 1910 m. It hosts a large parking, several bars, a hotel, and is a starting point for the cable car

fsscr024.jpg

fsscr025.jpg

fsscr027.jpg

fsscr028.jpg

fsscr029.jpg

fsscr030.jpg

fsscr031.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived