Cairns "the other way"... just 1...

twsimfan

Hi guys,

Here is my first shot from P3D:

Urn2B.jpg

Sorry ORBX... I do know it is against the rules to post a shot devoid of any FTX product but consider this advertising. This show how Cairns looks not only without FTX YBCS but not even AU SP4... just default P3D.

My point is that I got all my RealAir aircraft installed into P3D and they are working swimmingly! :)  Better than FSX I'd say. P3Dv2.2 doesn't seem to consider this Legacy as a complex aircraft as FSX does.

I absolutely promise to not post any more shots until I have some ORBX FTX products installed to show off in them.

If fact I need to get started on that task right after I go buy a few airplanes. Besides I was kind of hoping to get an answer to a question I posed in the cross license thread up in the General Discussion forum. But failing that I guess I can start with regions I bought directly from FSS while I wait on guidance on the harder stuff.

Cheers,

Tom Wunder

Default Cairns looks a bit... boring! :)

I have been looking at a lot of P3D default scenery over the past few days as I test things out and most of it IS boring. With the cloud & water effects of v2 it isn't quite as boring as default FSX but getting there. :-lol

Good to see you started with P3D Tom good luck.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thanks Ruud... I think I'm going to need that luck. ;)

Sorry ORBX... I do know it is against the rules to post a shot devoid of any FTX product but consider this advertising. This show how Cairns looks not only without FTX YBCS but not even AU SP4... just default P3D.

My point is that I got all my RealAir aircraft installed into P3D and they are working swimmingly! :)  Better than FSX I'd say. P3Dv2.2 doesn't seem to consider this Legacy as a complex aircraft as FSX does.

I absolutely promise to not post any more shots until I have some ORBX FTX products installed to show off in them.

If fact I need to get started on that task right after I go buy a few airplanes. Besides I was kind of hoping to get an answer to a question I posed in the cross license thread up in the General Discussion forum. But failing that I guess I can start with regions I bought directly from FSS while I wait on guidance on the harder stuff.

Cheers,

Tom Wunder

Just a thought, it is probably running great because it doesn't have any addons yet. Once you add the scenery and all of its autogen and mesh glory you will probably experience marginally worse performance. 

Just a thought, it is probably running great because it doesn't have any addons yet. Once you add the scenery and all of its autogen and mesh glory you will probably experience marginally worse performance. 

That is entirely possible... maybe even probable... gotta have some slowdown when I get all my FTX installed. But I do think these are running better than I've seen before.

Now if I can only figure out how to get the P3D v2 versions of my ORBX scenery... I'm waiting on answers for the stuff I bought via PCA but I just tried to download a few of my direct from FSS things and realized I don't know how to do that either. There has got to be a thread with some instructions on one of these forums but I'm too tired at the moment and need to give my head a rest first.

Later folks...

Bah..... nonsense. Be positive!

: )

Archived