Scenery Config

gfd

Greetings

This topic does impact Vector. However, the question is about all Orbx product residing in the scenery config database.

I update Orbx product when required. After installation, I validate the scenery entries. I also occasionally change from Global to a region (I have North American regions and airports).

I currently have my scenery set up so that any single airports or sceneries (other than Orbx) are placed in a highter priority than Global, Vector, Orbx Regions and Airports. You can, of course assume that there are no conflicting addon airports. Also, I do not currently use conflicting regional scenery. I have Vancouver+ and Victoria+; but I don't currently have them installed.

I notice that when I install scenery, validate scenery and/or change regions; Orbx product is repositioned to the top of the scenery priority list. That requires that I move some 15 Orbx entries down below my addon airports.

This is not the worst thing that ever happened to me. However, I would like to know if there is any way I can avoid having to do this in future.

Thanks,

Graham

Thank You Ed & Dieter.

Tongass - well - some diskussion Holger said that no matter if it's above or below FTX sceneries but I can move it below as I return to NA regions. Now I expedition EU LC area...

One remark:

the 2 Tongass entries  must be positioned lower (in priority) than all FTX Orbx sceneries.

See here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81550-question-for-holger-regarding-tongass-fjords/?hl=%2Btongass+%2Bpriority#entry747659

And don't forget to set the insertion point.

Hi again!

Well - I must acknowledge that I don't really understand the logic of the FTX Central. I tryed manually move those Tongass entries to below all ORBX Sceneries and after that I opened FTX Centrall but there they were at the same position like my picture shows.

Could someone give me a little bit help?

Thank You.

Whatever you want to appear below the FTX Regions & Airports needs to be below "Addon Scenery" not underneath the FTX entries.

The insertion point (in your case Addon Scenery) is the boundary. Whatever appears underneath that will stay as is in that order. Directly above it will be your FTX entries.

So to keep Tongass below FTX, put it underneath Addon Scenery. 

Hi Ed!

Thank You - the tricks of Yours works as it should be. I checked Tongass area with a few airports and all works perfect expect PAWG -> a few trees was wrong place but it's not belong to this forum.

Good support!

Archived