FTX Open L/C Eur

Jock7

Good Morning All,

This is not a rant and rave about ORBX products but I just cannot get my head around the new Open L/C Eur. I have all the settings as they should be but still FSX is rubbish. Edinburgh is a total mess and when you fly over the River Forth there is no towns or cities but small villages. I am not looking for photo-realistic but something that resembles the city. I have been with various Flight Sims over the years and have used my knowledge over the past few days trying to get the software to work. Please do not advise me to install the Libs as I have on various occasions. I am not going to use Global but will use the Full fat regions which I have but will no longer be purchasing ORBX Global products. Thank you for your time.  

I have the choice of using the Full Regions or Global but with the problems I've got with the L/C I will not be using Global but the Full regions.

Question: in the FSX Scenery Library there is an entry for ORBX!Vector_AEC at the bottom I cannot delete it when I remove all the ORBX settings. How do I remove it?.

Hi

I've decided to remove all ORBX products from FSX but will re-install at a later date as I've spent a small fortune purchasing them. I love the idea of what they do but at the moment I'm just not getting satisfaction from the software. I wont be using FSX for a little while as I need a break but its my favourite software but when I return it will be with a fresh install.

How do remove ORBX!Vector_AEC from my Scenery library. 

Many thanks and will be back at a later date.

Hi

I've decided to remove all ORBX products from FSX but will re-install at a later date as I've spent a small fortune purchasing them. I love the idea of what they do but at the moment I'm just not getting satisfaction from the software. I wont be using FSX for a little while as I need a break but its my favourite software but when I return it will be with a fresh install.

How do remove ORBX!Vector_AEC from my Scenery library. 

Many thanks and will be back at a later date.

In the scenery.cfg file you will see an entry like Required=True for that entry.  Change it to False, save the file and you will be able to delete it.

Also. even though it's not mentioned in the User Guide, it seems that when you have other ORBX regions installed you need to move the OLC entries down to the bottom of the FTX list in the Scenery Library.  Once they have been moved you might find your experience more like what you expected.

Everyone's scenery experience is different, there are countless combinations of scenery amongst the sim pilots here, so unfortunately there is no single one size fits all setting that is guaranteed to work.  But if you read the poasts in this forum to do with solutions chances are you will find a setting or procedure that suits you.

Failing that, see you after your holiday!

Many thanks John for your wise words and answer to my question. I have had the greatest pleasure in getting FSX to work and changing the settings to suite me and when the end result is brilliant. But I do not want to sicken myself with spending a lot of time and putting myself off the software therefore I've decided to take time out but will be back..

Hi Jock7

Just a question but why would you even want to fly over Scotland using Global and OLC when you already have the full fat Scotland region.

Surely the only time you would use Global is in the regions in the rest of the world that that you do not have.

Just my opinion

kind regards

Ian

As a person of the Scottish persuasion, living elsewhere, how LCEU treated my native land was of great interest.  I flew it only long enough to look at Edinburgh since that was my major grievance with FTXSCO.  Check the 'community screenshots' section here for my offering.  This may not be correct but I have Global applied with hybrid ticked in FTX Central.  Seems to override FTXSCO.

Hi JFS,

With regards to your answer I was under and always have been that I could use the Full Fat regions or the Global. But I can see your point maybe I need to have another think in using the software. Thanks for your help.

Hi Olderndirt,

Many thanks for your info and I had a look at your Edinburgh and now that is what I get as I've did a re-install of the whole ORBX and am now about to do the same with Prepar3d. I to tried Global with hybrid ticked but am in two minds what to use. Its new software so I'll give it a wee bit of time to mature and to have the kinks ironed out.

Hi guys,

thanks for the great job and the wonderfull FTX Sceneries but I'm very confused now about the priority settings in the scenery.cfg.

Can any body explain how to set FTX Global, FTX Vector and FTX Landclass?

Best regards Axel

Hi guys,

thanks for the great job and the wonderfull FTX Sceneries but I'm very confused now about the priority settings in the scenery.cfg.

Can any body explain how to set FTX Global, FTX Vector and FTX Landclass?

Best regards Axel

Hi Axel

See Eds reply in the post  'Problems with open lc eu' by Doofus in this forum above.

Cheers Reg.

Hi,

Before I disappear on me hols I re-downloaded the FTX open_LC Eur once again and took off from Edinburgh. All seems to be well and looks really good. I may have had a download corrupted when I first downloaded in my haste to get it up and running but now no more complaining from me. Thanks all.

Archived