Open LC Europe

Dear Sirs,

Odd situation with this brand new Open LC Europe!!!...

I have Global, Vector and Pilots FS Global 2010 and all the ORBX Regions Installed (and two ORBX Airports)

Everything working perfect until now.

I have acquired last night the brand new Open Lc Europe

(All stuff from FLIGHTSIMSTORE)

In the south of Portugal and Spain when the Global is ticked everything seem to be ok

In exactly the same places when Europe Region is ticked all the region seems to be full of blue spots!!!

It seems that all this particular region in the south, is full of "water holes"

Trying to fly  there, becomes unstable, with all those blue spots coming and going everywhere...

Perfectly visible from aerial map view, those differences.

Any help??

Thanks,

jc

Portugal

JC,

for the moment the only area covered by th full Europe region is the UK and Ireland. So if you are flying around anywhere else in Europe (without flying to or from the UK) you should have Global selected. If you want to fly say from the UK to France, then you should also have Global selected, but with the Hybrid mode on:

Hope this helps.

Jack

Dear Jack, Sir...

Thank you very much for your kind help in clarifying the situation...

Anyway, I must refer I do not recall any reference to a situation that all of us "ORBX Consumers", should be fully aware of!!!!

Not nice, I guess...

Hope that it will not take too much time to ORBX ("Wonder"...) Team to solve the "huge" issue"  at least to me.

I must refer I am used to "fly" the FSX together with some friends through private servers (and connected via Skype) "everywhere" in the world

in a very "professional way" sort of speak...

Anyway, thanks again for your kind help.

Best,

Jose Carlos

from Portugal

Same here. North of Spain is full of water holes, havent tried other areas.  All this with FTX Central set to Europe, with FTX Central set to Global there´s no problem.

Is this meant to be like this always?

Same here. North of Spain is full of water holes, havent tried other areas.  All this with FTX Central set to Europe, with FTX Central set to Global there´s no problem.

Is this meant to be like this always?

Same remark for me, it is better to settle FTX Central on Global rather than on Europe to avoid the graphic artifacts I had over Provence in France flight.

I think Jack was saying, select 'Global' within FTX Central, but be sure to tick 'Hybrid Mode', or at least that's how I understood it?

That way, you'll get the benefits of EU Land Class as well as your European regions without the glaring anomalies you are seeing with 'Europe' active in FTX Central, and with only a slight compromise. By that, I mean your regions won't look 100% as intended, and neither will Global/EU Land Class, but it'll be pretty close.

Mike, not quite what I was saying. You should only have hybrid mode ticked if you are intending to fly into or out of a full fat region (in this case England, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland or Ireland) - if you are only flying in mainland Europe then you should set FTX Global WITHOUT hybrid mode ticked.

Cheers

Jack

Cheers Jack ^-^. I think I understood it okay, but then didn't really explain it at all well. Maybe I explained it well but didn't understand it? I'm not even sure myself anymore >:D.

Take off from Naples, and fly to Paris, and its FTX Global (hybrid not necessary), right?

Take off from Luton and fly to Aberdeen, and its Europe you are wanting in FTX Central, okay?

Take off from Southampton and fly to Berlin, and we'll be looking at Global with hybrid ticked..., yes?

Jack, its 32 degrees out here in the UK right now, which compared to Arizona (for example) might not sound much....but phew, you'll have to allow me some leeway on the 'thinking straight' front today! >:D

Yep, in edit..I've re-read the whole thing, and it looks as though the guys were selecting 'Europe' to fly in Europe, which might sound reasonable enough...But, as Jack CLEARLY points out, its Global for Europe, Europe for the European 'regions' and Hybrid for inter Europe to European region hops.

Jack ^-^ I do apologise! You'd explained it perfectly well and my own quite flippant contribution served only to confuse the issue. I hope the team find a way to do away with FTX Central before the NA open Land Class is released, but then it certainly keeps us on our toes with regards to Geography ^-^

Archived