Recommended FSX scenery library priorities

John,

Your introduction to the meanings of the various scenery layers has left me wondering about the relative priorities of the scenery areas in my scenery library.

Is it correct to say that, in general, scenery layers should be set so that, in descending sequence of priority, the layers are:

1. Add-on airports
  2. UTX airports
  3. UTX landclass and vectors
  4. OrbX OpenLC
  5. OrbX Global Vector
  6. FSX default airports
  7. FSX land classes
  8. FSX numbered base files
  9. FSX default scenery and terrain

Do the OrbX software installation processes automatically set the correct scenery layer priorities?

Regards, Richard

The various installers for FTX software automatically places their scenery in the correct order in the FSX Scnery Library and the user does not need to rearrange the order and will probably experience problems by doing so.

UTX files are another matter and seem to be problematic for some and not for others as noted in the numerous posts in the forums concerning them.

Mcdonar and Armando83, that will be definitely the logical and correct order. However, in my case the LCs were automatically inserted on top of all, not as spud mentioned. Hope I'm not spreading nonsense here....

Fritz 

• 3 weeks later...

Your list appears to be generally correct.

FTX Central will validate your scenery library entries for FTX products.

Hello Nick. I just purchased FTX global today and installed it via the directions. I don't have any other Orbx products, UTX, mesh utilities, etc... The only thing I do have is several add-on airports. FSDT, Flightbeam, Fly Tampa, etc... When I installed FTX, I noticed it placed all of its entries in the scenery library above my airports. Should I adjust it as you mentioned so that my airports are above it, or leave it alone since the installer placed them at the top? In my experience, the airports should always be on top. Thanks in advance.

Ian

Archived