I think REX is working... maybe... ?

twsimfan

My first attempt failed miserably.

I guess I have to run it as administrator.

Here is 2nd try:

6ENlH.jpg

But I really don't know what I'm doing. I think I set it to update every 30 minutes but it seems to be reloading about every 30 seconds... gets kind of annoying.

I guess it is back to the manual for me.

Tom I guess you are talking about REX essential here and the weather engine from REX, did you ever consider getting a external weather program like Opus or Active Sky I am sure you will got a lot better experience with one of those weather programs.

Cheers,

Ruud 

My system died last night and I am using my wife's computer and I can't seem to use this forum's quote function so I will do this by hand.

To Brad:

Thanks and I'm sure I will but if my system proves to be fatal and I have to rebuild all my sim stuff I may scrap FSX in favor if P3D and that will move my confrontation with REX back a while until I get other things up to speed. If I have to make this move I will probably start with Global, Vector, and the needed mesh and then start worrying about getting the proper installers for all my FTX regions & airports not to mention the hassle getting my aircraft up to date... YUCK! The upgrade might in the end be a good thing but in the short term it would sure be nice to find myself with a functional system this afternoon or sometime tomorrow.

To Ruud:

I assume you know what you are talking about but now that I have REX I need to give it a good try. Assuming I have a computer to do that with. Thanks. :)

To Bills:

That screen looks about right. I could swear I had the refresh rate at 30 minutes but the weather mode switch was at "WX Plus" not "Standard" I think. Would that make a difference?

To all:

If my system comes back to me in a day or two with my FSX world intact then I will look into all of your great advice. If not it may be a few weeks hence but I'll get to that point again but maybe not with FSX. In any event your help is greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Tom Wunder

Hi Eric,

My wife didn't get back until about the time the computer shop I use closes so all is on hold for the morning. I have recovered a lot from the hip I broke last October but not enough for me to carry my system out without help. A move to P3D will only be imminent if my current install is hosed. I'm sure I will get their eventually but I'd like to revive my current setup if I can. Well in truth there is a small part of me that is anxious for the adventure but another big part says "ugh" to the ordeal. If I do go with the upgrade I will probably chew your ear off with each success and cry all over your shoulder at each set back. Gee this is a awkward keyboard... not sure how my wife stands the thing. Thanks for the concern. :)

Archived