Black Squares in Directx 10 preview mode

OO-CLK

Hi Guys,

I recently switched to preview Directx 10 mode because i've bought a new PC.

But then i see all black squares in the scenery, i think where the road lights should be...

I've read about more people having this problem and that there is a fix or update for FTX orbx global ? Is this correct ?

Where can i download it ?

Thanks

Kim

I am afraid that the only fix for this is the Dx10 Fixer, however,

for the time being it has been withdrawn from sale, a decision

made by its author.

I recommend that for now, you use Dx9, as Dx10 is not

compatible with FTX night lighting.

That's really disappointing ! Was looking forward to get a new pc and finally run FSX at it's max with DX 10 and add ons like Global and Rex Essentials... Why don't they fix this ? DX10 runs so mutch better then 9 !!! :-(

That's really disappointing ! Was looking forward to get a new pc and finally run FSX at it's max with DX 10 and add ons like Global and Rex Essentials... Why don't they fix this ? DX10 runs so mutch better then 9 !!! :-(

There simply is no way without modifying the shaders similar to what DX10 Fixer did. DX10 preview without the Fixer is very incomplete and in many ways broken. One of those ways is that it cannot handle semi transparent autogen textures like DX9 does. There's not much we can do to fix it.

That's a real bummer :- I thougt it was advertised as dx10 compatible ??? Seem like a waste of money now...

I heard there was a DX10 fixer who solved the problem, but that it's no longer for sale... So there is a fix possible for the problem, why can't you guys work it in a update then ?

It is clearly stated on the product page.

product_FTXG_features_DX10info.jpg

You still have Dx9 and the Dx10 Fixer may return to the market.

You should understand that the fix is not to FTX Global lighting, it is to FSX.

As a temporary measure, you can go to scenery\Global\scenery and disable

3D_Light_NEW_DDN_1_5.bgl and 3D_Light_NEW_SDN4.bgl which will remove

the black squares during daylight hours but also the FTX Global night lighting.

What i don't seem to understand is, when a third party can fix the problem... Why can't you guys ? :-

When i disable the lighting, will there then be no lighting at all at night ? Just black city's ?

Do i just delete or remove the files ?

Hopefully the DX10 fixer will be up for sale soon again, looks like i missed it by a couple of days :(

A simple reason really, we're not in the business of rebuilding the shaders for DX10. Especially when another developer took several years to get to the spot where night lights would work again.

It's not as simple as replacing one file with another. DX10 Preview is incomplete and has many faults that took a long time to be fixed with Steve's tool. It does not render in a consistent manner and removes a lot of functionality previously held with DX9.

If you disable the vector road lights in FTX Central, it will remove them from roads but landclass tiles will still have lights appear at night.

Thank You Nick Cooper!  I have been using DX10  preview mode while evaluating FSX Fiber Accelerator, which I purchased yesterday.  The major downside of using DX10 has been the annoying black square problem mentioned here.  Temporarily changed the .bgl extensions to .off on the two files, and it appears to solve the problem.  Hopefully Steve's FX10 fix will be available again soon.

Jim Kaye

I probably should know this but, How do you disable the two files?         3D_Light_NEW_DDN_1_%.BGL      Then what?    I have the same problem. Not happy that this cant be fixed.

Nevermind, I just moved em out of there

shader_release_v3.2.3.zip

In the avsim library.

I don't know the difference between this new shader and the dx10 fixer. Anyone? I am interested in moving to dx10 to get rid of my oom errors. I can't fly with FTX Global, Hybrid mode with all the regions enabled, and big addon airports without an oom error on approach or landing, in dx9.

The Dx 10 Fixer addresses many more issues than the freeware files

but don't worry as it is not presently available.

If you wish to try the Dx10 preview mode, I recommend the freeware

files and a very careful read of their installation instructions.

In my experience, Dx10 does help a great deal with preventing OOM errors

but they can still be achieved with over optimistic settings in very detailed

aircraft over very detailed areas.

Archived